• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'07 D7 Chaincase service

P
Dec 21, 2008
Servicing the Chaincase, wondering if anyone knows how much of the Polaris SCL I put in the Chaincase, I only drained it, did not take cover off.....

Two different dealers told me from 4oz to 9oz so someone is obviously messed up

thanks for the help

Kraven

Lifetime Membership
Apr 11, 2009
MIDWEST
Servicing the Chaincase, wondering if anyone knows how much of the Polaris SCL I put in the Chaincase, I only drained it, did not take cover off.....

Two different dealers told me from 4oz to 9oz so someone is obviously messed up

thanks for the help

9 oz sounds closer to correct, never measured it exactly, but I remember a quart being good for approx 3 sleds.

Either way you want to end up with the level approx 1/2 way up in the sight glass with the sled level.

You can see the sight glass through the foot well, may have to shine a flashlight on it, no need to remove the silencer.

It's always a good idea to remove the cover and wipe out the sludge and inspect the wear block, and set the chain tension to where it "almost touches" the back side of the chain case when pushing on it.

Last edited:
C

coolx2

Nov 29, 2007
Pull the silencer out, there is a sight glass on the chain case cover. Half way on the sight is the correct amount. About 9oz.

R

ripalip2

Jan 23, 2008
everett wa.
palmerc, be careful with the drain plug they strip easy, i just take the cover off
so everything can be inspected, wear block condition, gear wear , chain and how much metal is in the bottom of the case , i fill threw the plug in the footwell
using a piece of clear hose and a measuring cup , my 08 calls for 11oz. in the owners manual.:face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features