• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

PRODUCT ANNOUNCEMENT: MUFF POT MOUNT KIT FOR PRO RMK

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Covelli44

Original mount did not have a heat shield. Did a ride with my 2011 PRO and a friends 2011 Pro same greedy mart burrito (thawed) after about 1.5 to 2 hours stopped temp of burrito with mount only was just under 100 degrees with shield just over 200. It will brown the bottom of thawed burrito in couple hours. PM me if you have questions

Bob

mud99

Premium Member
Oct 13, 2009
Truckee, CA
I don't understand the purpose of this, my muffpot fit on my 2013 Pro with no problem? I put it over the exhaust joint.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Covelli44

Original mount did not have a heat shield. Did a ride with my 2011 PRO and a friends 2011 Pro same greedy mart burrito (thawed) after about 1.5 to 2 hours stopped temp of burrito with mount only was just under 100 degrees with shield just over 200. It will brown the bottom of thawed burrito in couple hours. PM me if you have questions

Bob

You lost me in there...do you mean there is MORE heat getting to your burrito or less with this clamp on there. Or are you talking about the factory pipe heat shield?

I don't understand the purpose of this, my muffpot fit on my 2013 Pro with no problem? I put it over the exhaust joint.

Pictures? How can you put it over the exhaust joint on the stock exhaust system with the pipe butts directly into the muffler?

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I just stuck it over the joint and tightened the hose clamp.

Was it sitting on any of the springs?

What type of hose clamp do you use? I use the one provided, but it NEVER stays tight. I had to retighten it after every ride on my wife's 2006 600.

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Scott sorry about the confusion. Here's the story first I made the mount with no heat shield there was concern not enough heat was getting thru to food so made a heat shield that attached to the base which doubled the temperature of the food in same time period. There are other ways to mount a cooker but my goal was a secure mounting system that would not come loose, that is easy to get at all while not marring up the factory heat shield on the pipe.

C
Jan 25, 2011
This bracket works great and cooks at my prefered temp. Put in frozen food in morning and is done slightly turning brown on the bottom by lunch. I used rivets to connect the heat shield to the muff pot bracket because glueing like sugested didn't work with the high temp silicon that I had. I also used a t-bolt hose clamp instead of the supplied one so it won't come loose. Solid setup!

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
I make 2 mounts one for the muff pot and one for the hot pot same shield fits on both cooker bases. The hot pot latch is tricky you will need to bend the vertical part out a little so that the latch can cam over or it will come loose. It is also easier to take in and out as it is not as tall and has a handle. Cuervo rivets thru the tabs to base are a good idea might make it a little harder to remove base if you need to remove pipe.

Premium Features