• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

670 Rotax Recoiler

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
I still have the stock recoil for the pull cord on my sled but it's not engaging all of the time anymore and I suspect the plastic cam to be worn. Where can a good aftermarket coiler be purchased and at what cost. Any recommendations on repairs for the old or just buy a new one?

J
Feb 19, 2008
Ogden
No they do not!! S-Chassis sleds used a pawl setup that involves a metal spring to return and a C clip on the top of the post not the full snap ring.

sdsnocop

Premium Member
Feb 3, 2009
Hot Springs, SD
I just bought a rebuild kit on e-bay 10 minutes ago for the older 670. I just picked up a 95 summit 670 with recoil problems. The spring that engages the paw breaks. The parts in the rebuild kit I bought on e-bay are the same. The kit cost just under $20 including shipping. The listing stated they had 3 kits at the time I made the purchase. Type in "Ski Doo 670 recoil" in the search box and you should find it. I believe the listing expires within a day or 2.

T
Apr 20, 2009
Washington
The spring is not broken. It is the internal "nub" for lack of term that engages the oblong dog that then goes into the square hole. The "nub" is worn down and misses the oblong dog and then my fist flies up and busts my chops. I will check into the pawl rebuild kit

Premium Features