• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

High comp head in Revy

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
I have a 14:1 head for riding out west for my X-Fire 700. We are headed for Revy in a couple weeks. The place we stay at is just outside of town and we ride from there. If I remember right, the base elevation is right around 1500 ft. From there we quickly coil up the side of the mountain the the cabin at Boulder. Will I be able to use this head with pump gas? I am nervous about the climb up and a burn down.

Thanks,
Pal

U
Nov 29, 2007
14 to 1 head

I have one on my xp and run 2 gallons of avgas per tank and take it easy till I get to 2500 -3000 ft then its all good

Tuesday

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Lacombe, Alberta
It doesnt take long at low alt to do a lot of damage. Remember fuel is cheap, motors are expensive!

Worst case scenario burp the throttle a lot and probably run 1/2 choke for a few km's. Just pack an extra set of plugs in case they load up. That helps the temps but doesnt do much for detonation.

Most people get in trouble on the way down and forget to do some prevention.

H

Heypal

Nov 26, 2007
Paynesville, MN
Thanks guys, but it sounds like I will just leave the stock head on. Otherwise we (my buddies and I all have the same head) will have to drag a bunch of race gas with us.

Thansk for the heads up!

Premium Features