• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another day, another ship date passes by...

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I say Cut your losses and get a alpha 1.

Report from Revelstoke today. Buddy went to a 162 Cat this year. Not the Alpha though. His buddy got a 155 850 AXYS and switching back and forth the AXYS is kicking ass over the Cat and that is climbing too. Mind you the AXYS is one that had a motor go down and this is the second motor and just out of break-in. Maybe those of you who are still waiting for your sleds are because of a shut-down to production to make sure they don't fail like his did.

Last edited:
M
Dec 11, 2018

Report from Revelstoke today. Buddy with went to a 162 Cat this year. Not the Alpha though. His buddy got a 155 850 AXYS and switching back and forth the AXYS is kicking ass over the Cat and that is climbing too. Mind you the AXYS is one that had a motor go down and this is the second motor and just out of break-in. Maybe those of you who are still waiting for your sleds are because of a shut-down to production to make sure they don't fail like his did.

I definitely agree with this. I got my 850 mid November, I’m concerned I’ll be on the list of sleds that will blow up before the fix is done. Whatever it is that is causing the engines to go down just after break in is probably the real reason Polaris isn’t shipping sleds. I’d rather they still have my sled right now then wind up blown up 20 miles from my truck.

M
Dec 11, 2018
I’m sure Poo is monitoring this.... If my sled goes down, and I’m not taken care of, I will be jumping ship. Arctic Cat is back in the game, Ski doo makes a fine machine. I need something I can rely on, regardless of how great the sled handles.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada

Report from Revelstoke today. Buddy with went to a 162 Cat this year. Not the Alpha though. His buddy got a 155 850 AXYS and switching back and forth the AXYS is kicking ass over the Cat and that is climbing too. Mind you the AXYS is one that had a motor go down and this is the second motor and just out of break-in. Maybe those of you who are still waiting for your sleds are because of a shut-down to production to make sure they don't fail like his did.

I dont think this is our issue here. We are waiting on 850s, 800s, 600s and even an evo 550. As soon as the owner got on their ass, they shipped them.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I definitely agree with this. I got my 850 mid November, I’m concerned I’ll be on the list of sleds that will blow up before the fix is done. Whatever it is that is causing the engines to go down just after break in is probably the real reason Polaris isn’t shipping sleds. I’d rather they still have my sled right now then wind up blown up 20 miles from my truck.

Mine is well through break in and still running so knock on wood!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Man, I'm so, so glad I'm not one of the poor suckers waiting on the 850! Here I be tearing up fresh, glorious POW while they sit at home like the fat kid on prom night. Just kidding. I've got my refreshed clutch still waiting to go on my sled, along with a new seat and boards, so I haven't rode yet this season – just too busy. Of course, you're going to hear from the people waiting on theirs, just like you're going to hear from anyone who blows a motor. I gotta wonder though, what percentage of people are still waiting. If it's around 20% or more, then that's not good; otherwise, it's a bit early to declare the 850 a debacle.

It'll take at least a full season to tell if the motor is awesome sauce, or a good motor with a few teething issues, or a turd. As for the sleds people are waiting on, to my mind, Dec. 1 is the very latest I'd call "acceptable" if it were me. I'm curious what dealers and Polaris corporate are doing for those stuck waiting. I'd hope they're starting to offer some incentives by this point as an apology for being late. For someone not getting theirs this year, they should be bending over backward to help the buyer out. I definitely can't blame someone wanting to jump ship if all they're being offered is their deposit back. Even if it's just a few people, getting your snowcheck shouldn't ever be a Christmas miracle. Being this late and trying to shrug it off is indeed a good way to lose customers...

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Man, I'm so, so glad I'm not one of the poor suckers waiting on the 850! Here I be tearing up fresh, glorious POW while they sit at home like the fat kid on prom night. Just kidding. I've got my refreshed clutch still waiting to go on my sled, along with a new seat and boards, so I haven't rode yet this season – just too busy. Of course, you're going to hear from the people waiting on theirs, just like you're going to hear from anyone who blows a motor. I gotta wonder though, what percentage of people are still waiting. If it's around 20% or more, then that's not good; otherwise, it's a bit early to declare the 850 a debacle.

It'll take at least a full season to tell if the motor is awesome sauce, or a good motor with a few teething issues, or a turd. As for the sleds people are waiting on, to my mind, Dec. 1 is the very latest I'd call "acceptable" if it were me. I'm curious what dealers and Polaris corporate are doing for those stuck waiting. I'd hope they're starting to offer some incentives by this point as an apology for being late. For someone not getting theirs this year, they should be bending over backward to help the buyer out. I definitely can't blame someone wanting to jump ship if all they're being offered is their deposit back. Even if it's just a few people, getting your snowcheck shouldn't ever be a Christmas miracle. Being this late and trying to shrug it off is indeed a good way to lose customers...
It’s a Polaris Corp thing. If the dealer is in contact with Pol, but they won’t send the unit, he’s just as cheesed off....probably more because that’s how he makes a living. If you had 1 guy waiting sure you could lend him a sled for a few rides... but if it’s the example in this thread where the dealer is waiting for all his sleds, what the heck is he gonna “do.” Totally agreed that mid Dec is too late to be waiting for SC’s.

G
Jan 21, 2008
Wabush NL, Canada
$650,000 in sleds that were sitting there that the dealer couldnt sell. People have already backed out of their snowchecks because of the wait and he had to turn away other customers looking for a floor model. They arent gonna wait, theyre gonna go to the Doo dealer and get one. Now he will get all the sleds at once during the Xmas holidays and theres a real possibility that the floor models that he could have sold in the fall will be sitting there until next season. Theres a guy who checked an XC 850 for himself and a EVO for his son for Xmas. He should be a bit relieved now that they are on the way and his son might actually get his present.
And to top it all off, the dealer still doesnt even have a solid reason why everything was being held.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
It’s a Polaris Corp thing. If the dealer is in contact with Pol, but they won’t send the unit, he’s just as cheesed off....probably more because that’s how he makes a living. If you had 1 guy waiting sure you could lend him a sled for a few rides... but if it’s the example in this thread where the dealer is waiting for all his sleds, what the heck is he gonna “do.” Totally agreed that mid Dec is too late to be waiting for SC’s.

Jay, I bent an A-Arm in Nelson about a week ago. Mainjet had a set in stock but refused to sell to me as they did not want to break up the set. I think that is terrible service. I have personally delivered track clips to them from Calgary and have sent many people to them. I am sad to say they let me down royally.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT

I see – I guess it's not too surprising that dealers would be relatively powerless in this situation. Of course, I was thinking more of a onesy twosy situation: I missed the part about the dealer empty-handed on snowchecks. If you're that dealer, it'd take a lot out-of-pocket to keep people even close to happy. Not a situation I'd want to be in.

In my case, I've got no loyalty to the nearest Polaris dealer: I've never bought a sled from them, but their parts and service departments haven't impressed me. For the people still waiting, I'd imagine you'd be sticking around because you have a good relationship with the dealer or are totally sold on the 850 itself. I'm not hearing anyone who sounds convinced Polaris corp. has their back. Like I said earlier, it's easy to blow a handful of issues out of proportion, but this is just one of those things I'm watching from the side-lines that makes me wonder.

Last edited:
A

ak

Dec 7, 2007

Report from Revelstoke today. Buddy went to a 162 Cat this year. Not the Alpha though. His buddy got a 155 850 AXYS and switching back and forth the AXYS is kicking ass over the Cat and that is climbing too. Mind you the AXYS is one that had a motor go down and this is the second motor and just out of break-in. Maybe those of you who are still waiting for your sleds are because of a shut-down to production to make sure they don't fail like his did.

Ya not a alpha. Ride them both and report back.

Premium Features