• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HOW much does a y-pipe and or reeds help a 2016 M8000

mn1000

Lifetime Membership
Dec 14, 2007
Minnesota
I have a 2016 m8000 with a 162"x3" track

It currently has an SSI(Black Diamond) Can and SSI clutch kit on it.

I am considering adding a few other items just wondering what the best bang for the buck is.

Would a y-pipe and or reeds make much of a difference in performance

Interested in getting some comments from people with first hand experience with these mods

THANKS
:juggle:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
You have the 2.6 track or a 3"?

If you have a 3", the best bang for your buck is just sticking some 8t drivers in there.

Other than that, advance the timing and get some midrange umph.

I haven't messed with reeds.

Storskogen

Lifetime Membership
Jan 17, 2014
Sweden
Y-pipe should give 2-3hp but I think you need a fuelcontroller. With Speedwerx full exhaust you need that.

M800 -13, Speedwerx full exhaust, PCV. BC WT 660T -06

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
I’m runnin a full SSI exhaust, reeds, and more with no fuel controller, works well, I think speedwerx stage2 kit has longer legs but this SSI set up improves throttle response and adds track speed as well. This year I’m going with light weight jack/drive shaft, lightweight chain case cover/oil tank, and headlight delete. Can’t wait for those parts to come in.

Suzzy-Q

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Mackenzie B.C. Canada
I like the grunt the SSI Y-pipe added but doubt it adds top end. no controller needed. Id try a D&D if I did it again https://www.ddracing.com/DD-800-HO-...4&browse=-44092&shopBy=-12043&catalogid=-3045
16s benefit from 17 gearing unless your above 8k all the time, or have 8 tooths as suggested. But maybe SSI has you clutched more aggressively for the low gears... who knows..

I first installed the can, y-pipe, and reeds before throwing the pipe on, and it did add a little on top before the pipe but gained about another 2 mph with the addition of the pipe

Allseasons

Premium Member
Feb 2, 2014
Rocky Mtn House AB
They will add more throttle response and mid range power. You will noticenit in the clutch-as you will have to add more weight to get your Rpm’s back down.

Best bang, gear it up to 21/49

Premium Features