• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gloves?!?!

T

T.O.T.

Dec 26, 2012
With all the new gear coming out does anyone have any suggestions for warm gloves for small hands that aren't bulky??? I have typical Ski Doo hand warmers that sometimes work, sometimes don't and want some new gloves this season. Thanks in advance!

Missy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 12, 2012
Samak, UT
www.MissysRealEstate.com
With all the new gear coming out does anyone have any suggestions for warm gloves for small hands that aren't bulky??? I have typical Ski Doo hand warmers that sometimes work, sometimes don't and want some new gloves this season. Thanks in advance!

I have the Klim Allure and love them. I don't think they feel too bulky, but not sure how bulky is too bulky... but they sure are warm! :sun:

http://www.klim.com/Snow/Allure-Glove-4087-001.html?colorID=25

B

Bowfisher

Sep 16, 2011
American Falls ID
I found a good deal on fly snx gloves last year and bought three or four pair for each me and my wife. They are not to bulky and have kept my hands warm until they get soaked from digging. The x-small fit my wife great and she has pretty small hands. These look just like the snx's I don't know what the difference is but at $15 you could get yourself three or four pair and always have a warm dry pair. http://www.gearhead.com/snowmobile/clothing/gloves/fly-switch-snow-x-gloves.html

Here's the snx's. I thought they were discontinued last year. http://www.gearhead.com/snowmobile/clothing/gloves/fly-racing-switch-snx-gloves.html

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
I absolutely love my Klim Inversion gloves!! They only come in men's, but they make an XS. I keep two pairs under the hood to swap out if I need to along with the allure glove just in case I need something warmer, but I have honestly never ridden with the bulkier gloves. My handlebar warmers don't work all of the time either, but as long as I don't stop moving my hands stay warm, and if they get a bit chilly I just grab a toasty pair from under the hood.

The allure glove has the option of moving the liner if you want better grip, but I still find them very bulky for riding. One thing I found if you are going with the allure glove is make sure you try them on, they fit super snug. I have tiny hands and wear a medium.

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
Ashley.. I run the Klim Inversion gloves too and have 3 pairs, like amy said, swap them out when they get wet and keep on rippin! I also have a pair of thick gloves in my pack for emergencies or possible overnight stays! I gave those gloves to julie when she had to double out, it was getting late AND her extra clothes were on the sled she had lost over the cliff!

Anyway, I can't ride in anything much thicker than the inversions but I OFTEN buck up to the thick pair for the ride out at night or if you're stuck on a windy ridge while someone has a broken down sled!! The other thought would be the inversion pro glove. I haven't tried it yet but it's one step up from the inversion... Worth trying on!

Any chance you can get your hand warmers fixed? Is it just a loose connection or do they not put out much heat??

Q
Feb 9, 2013
Def go Klim. I don't think you can go wrong with a ladies fit-- I only have a small pair of mens (which are bulky, being shaped for a man's hand) but OMGOSH they rock.

And my great experience with the Klim gloves makes me feel like I should do Klim coat/bibs too, since I am looking for new this year. (I posted about this in the "new gear?" thread - I would also love ladies' opinions on that!

I also like the Fly gloves mentioned above. Julie actually dialed me in on them last year. You can get them here with free shipping: http://www.allsnowmobilegear.com/m1...nowmobile-Gloves---Closeout/product_info.html

My other fave is True Adventure Gear Storm glove http://tagear.us/store.php?crn=223&rn=464&action=show_detail

I don't like bulky gloves so both of these are just right for me. The Klim Inversion glove, well, I know some like them but, might as well just wrap your hand in a paper towel lol. They are very thin so no warmth plus no grip at all, at least the ones I have from a couple years ago; maybe they updated them not sure. If Emily likes them they can't be all bad, right ? Get your handwarmers fixed! - Rhonda

S
Nov 28, 2007
Spokane, Wa
profile.myspace.com
I don't like bulky gloves so both of these are just right for me. The Klim Inversion glove, well, I know some like them but, might as well just wrap your hand in a paper towel lol. They are very thin so no warmth plus no grip at all, at least the ones I have from a couple years ago; maybe they updated them not sure. If Emily likes them they can't be all bad, right ? Get your handwarmers fixed! - Rhonda

HAHAHAHA, nice one Rhonda! Yeah... the inversion might be too thin for some for sure!! Klim does have a few steps up from that for warmth too... I tried on the Inversion pro and they had a lot of leather on them which means warmth and ability to cut the wind will go up!! I haven't seen a problem with grippiness but maybe that has changed... I'd be curious to compare notes with you on that one this year Rhonda!

the women's gloves Klim has are either insulated or not.. the savana is SWEET for dirt but if you're fighting cold hands I wouldn't get them for snow...

do we need to have a mini wrench session and get those dern hand warmers fixed??

T

T.O.T.

Dec 26, 2012
HahA! A mini wrench session would be awesome! Yeah those silly old SkiDoo warmers only work real good when the throttle is wide open. Otherwise they are just lukewarm. I panic anytime I get into re-wiring anything!

I

IdahoCrystal

Sep 5, 2008
Gem State
Hahaha - My hand warmers are like yours - on a little or all the way.

I tried the Empress, but I had to send them in for warranty three times for seam failure until motorfist just sent me the small men's redline and they rock! I also like the Klim togwotee gloves because I can take out the liner.

They might be a bit bulky AT FIRST, but they break in really nice after a couple rides and I think the articulated fingers actually help to alleviate some of the hand fatigue. I also wear them on my street bike which also has heated grips.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Any updates on gloves?

Stopped by the dealer to buy gloves for my oldest daughter and they were out of anything in her size. She tried on the Klim Allure glove but the medium was too small, thinking the large would fit. Otherwise she is close to fitting into a men's medium but they are typically too wide for her hand.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
Generally speaking IMHO for snowmobiling get a shell finger glove or "Trigger mittens".

The inside of the shell ... that's the insulation and can buy various weighted inserts from most any manufacturer. The various weights of inserts allow you to customize the glove/ mitt for warmth and comfort.

I was out camping yesterday and the highs were under 20 and the lows were -9F and IMHO know something about gloves. I had 2 different shells and 4 pairs of inserts. Klim moto type glove , mid weight insert polartec and heavyweight polartec fleece insulation insert.

V

volcano buster

Nov 26, 2007
Stayton Oregon
Generally speaking IMHO for snowmobiling get a shell finger glove or "Trigger mittens".

I had 2 different shells and 4 pairs of inserts. Klim moto type glove , mid weight insert polartec and heavyweight polartec fleece insulation insert.

Photos of your combination?

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I am kind of ocd when it comes to gloves. I always have 4 pair with me. A light pair for morning (mine are klim powerxross). A thin fleece pair to eat lunch in, a dry pair to put on after lunch (powerxross again) and an big warm pair on the possibility something goes very wrong. Mine are klim klimate 1 size larger so if I need to I can put the fleece gloves on inside of them. If I was buying another pair for that I would get mittens. I call them my go home gloves. Told ya I am nuts!

Premium Features