• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

670x stays engaged

S
Oct 14, 2008
My 98 670x has a few mods,one being the longer track i just put on it,and i am having a bit of a problem with it staying engaged and wanting too creep forward.I have tried taking out three washers on the secondary and it helped.Any ideas would help,thanks

S
Oct 14, 2008
the belt isint sitting as high on the secondary,the top of the belt is just below the top of the sheves.The primary has the rubber showing on the inner sheves from an inch or so from the top and all the way down until about an inch or so from the bottom.I just put a 159 on it and am running stock springs which were done about 4-500 kilometers ago,and stock gearing with 8 tooth extros

Last edited:

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.
the belt isint sitting as high on the secondary,the top of the belt is just below the top of the sheves.The primary has the rubber showing on the inner sheves from an inch or so from the top and all the way down until about an inch or so from the bottom.I just put a 159 on it and am running stock springs which were done about 4-500 kilometers ago,and stock gearing with 8 tooth extros

Shouldn't be any black on the primary except a little at the base from idling. I would start by making sure the motor mounts are solid, then tear into both clutches to make sure everything is in good condition.
Also be sure the secondary was tortionally preloaded 1/3 rotation when assembled.

Premium Features