• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

M6 needs power on a budget

S
Nov 26, 2007
Sanborn, IA
friend of mine has an 05 M6 efi, hes looking at the possible options to get a few more horses out of it with a $600 budget. he wants to put carbs on it, is it possible? what other options are there without a boondocker box?
thanks in advance.

B

Barrett

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 11, 2008
MB
why would any sane person put carbs on an efi cat???
tell your freind to look through the classifieds and find a stock top end from a 700( cylinders, head and pistons) and put it all on his 6. all he needs besides that is a 700M efi box.

K
Nov 29, 2007
Is it worth it

I've been toyin' with my M6 for a few years. There are a number of options on it, the one thing that helped it the most was the boondocker box, I was able to control the fuel/air mixture just like carbs. Your bud could pick-up that and some reeds to start, there's about 6 bills well worth sent. :beer;

S

Ski-Laxn

Nov 26, 2007
Longmont, Co
My M6 has a D&D pipe and Can,SLP highflow airhorn, and a sledjunky clutch kit. This sled runs hard. I would also recommend checking the fuel pressure and possibly adding the BMP fuel reducer. The clutch kit I believe is a team conversion but would have to look again.

Premium Features