• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Is there such a thing as a fog free goggle??

Hotboat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT.
We've been in powder all year and the fogging thing is really getting old. I almost totaled my sled cause I could'nt see SH!T!!!! :mad: I've got the newest Scott goggle and after a few over the hood powder plunges they fog and the he!! begins. One of my riding partners has the type made for glasses and they seem to do better. I don't care how much they would cost I just need to see.

Nov 26, 2007
Kent,Wa.
Nope!

No such thing, but my Oakley's with the double lens are the next best thing. They will fog if they get wet inside, I just set them on the motor for a minute or two and they are dry again. I carry two pair also. -00's

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Love the PROGRIPS, it take ALOT to get them to fog. Anytime I stop riding to help dig a sled out ot just to talk about where we are heading next, I stick my goggles under the hood for a few minutes. That really helps to keep dry and clear.

M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
Love the PROGRIPS, it take ALOT to get them to fog. Anytime I stop riding to help dig a sled out ot just to talk about where we are heading next, I stick my goggles under the hood for a few minutes. That really helps to keep dry and clear.

I agree on the Progrips, Never have had a problem with them fogging.

KAWGRN

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
everywhere
Google AFX goggles they are dual lens and electric heated wont fog but sometimes you need windsheild wipers LOL

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
the best ive found is the old style scott turbo flows, the only time i really notice them fogging is if im out riding hard and get real hot then i stop to take a break they might fog but once i start moving again its usually pretty good. some of my buddys have the new version of the turbo flow and they seem alot worse

Hotboat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT.
Does your helmet have a breath box in it? I have one in my helmet and haven't had a problem yet.
Yea ,but maybe it's leaking. Now that i think about it the foam around the mask came off. However the foging has been a problem for as long as I can rember..

S

Snowstar

Aug 22, 2006
Ogden Ut.
509s are the ****. Just played in 3 ft of powder today and no fog except when your digging your friends out:D

S
Jan 10, 2008
Red Deer, AB
I have a pair of 509's they work awesome. While sitting they'll start to fog, but as soon as you move, they clea right up. I also have Scott Turbo's, and they are pretty sweet. They don't work as well as the 509's though.

One note about heating them up to clear them... most come from factory with anti fog on them. If they get too warm, it disapates. Most sports stores sell anti fog spray, it works great for reapplying. Also, a No-Fog mask will help out quite a bit.

Team Pigeon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2006
Pass Creek, BC.
Hey Quebec- sacrament!! Ca va bien??

Smith makes a goggle called the turbo fan or something rather. Battery powered fan right at the top sucks all the air out.
Another rub on product called 'cat crap' that works pretty well. Get that at the ski shops.

Has ANYBODY seen or heard or made a goggle drying rack for under the hood yet? How awesome would that be?

WyoUltra

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Casper, WY
I wear zeals and I havent had a problem with them, pushin 3' of pow on the trail one day and had no problem. Started to fog up when we stopped but when we started goin and air got to em' cleared up right a way. Sled had more trouple pushing the snow actually... the goggles even came with a silk bag and a hard case to put them in...

Hotboat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, MT.
509s are the ****. Just played in 3 ft of powder today and no fog except when your digging your friends out:D
I don't have any friends so they should work just fine...:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap:face-icon-small-hap I've heard mixed reviews on the 509's. glad to hear you like yours. I think I'm going to buy a pair of the 509's and a pair of the scott Xi's then swich as needed,

Premium Features