• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Suspention Adjustments 101

P
Dec 12, 2007
O.K. I'm a dummy when it comes to snowmobiles and suspentions. I understand rebound and dampening in theory and from riding moutain bikes. I have riden a lot of motorcycles and 4 wheelers. I own a phazer and a nitro.

I wiegh 245with gear. I just set my suspensions on the firmest settings on both sleds. Front shocks cranked up all the way. Rear shock same. The thing a ma gig that says S, M, or H is on H in the rear. I have not messed with the limiter strap.

What have I done? I had 300 miles before I changed things. Can someone out there give me a suspention for dummies crash course?

Shark

P
Dec 12, 2007
what is it that you like and dislike about how it rides and handles.....

I'm to inexperienced to know. I rode yesterday with the suspention cranked up to hard on both sleds and liked handling better. Less darting on the trail and a little easier to carve in the powder.

I would just like to understand the logic in how the suspention works and how the adjustments corrolate with each other. My knowledge is limited to compression and rebound dampening.

T
Dec 20, 2007
Minturn, CO
I'm with ya here....

I am also looking for some direction with settting up the suspension on my Nytro.

I can say that I haven't adjusted anything yet from how it was delivered, and at 200 miles, the rear suspension bottoms out too often and the front of the sled seems to be pretty tippy once not level.

I'm thinking about bumping up the spring rate on the front to the max and the adjuster in the skid to high.

However, I'd like to understand the theory more, and am looking for a website that describes snowmobile suspension tuning in more detail.

tnx.

L

Linc

Nov 17, 2002
Pemberton
www.visionms.ca
Turn the adjuster to high( H ) and tighten the cam adjuster to the hardest setting,if you need more adjustment then you'll have to invest in an Ohlins rear shock and the optional heavy spring from the Apex.

Premium Features