• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low idle / flicker of cluster / power off

D
Dec 10, 2016
Soldotna, Alaska
All,

First of all let me say thank you for having me! New to the forum section of Snowest, however enjoying the content. I experienced idling issues with my 2016 Polaris Assault RMK (AXYS) this weekend and thought I would reach out before tearing in. Basically what happens or has happened thus far is my sled was almost immediately flooding itself. Please keep in mind this occurred from garage floor to the back of my enclosed. As I could only start my snowmobile at this point with a handful of throttle I decided to pull the plugs. Soaked as predicted. I quickly replaced the plugs (keeping the old ones) one pull, pulled the new plugs to take a look, absolutely soaked once again. I ended up loading the sled, after starting with a handful of throttle and hitting the road. A few hours later, and a couple dozen of miles, I had arrived at my destination. The sled pulled over fine, fired up, but seemed to run at an extremely low idle. Enough to flicker my dash cluster until the machine itself would shutdown. I noticed it was set on ethanol for the fuel setting, adjusted that back to 91-non. No difference in rpm as predicted. Comparing RPM's with riding mate who was also on a 2016 Axys his seemed to be in the 1400-1700 range while idling where mine seemed constant at sub 1500's. I decided to run it, it ran great, powerful, clean, no bogging of any kind. Pull to stop and seen were my rpm's were at, they were great aligned perfectly with my riding partner. Shut the sled down, started it back up, rpm issue was back.

N
Aug 27, 2012
Bend, OR
It's a trip to the dealer, you can't adjust these ones with a multimeter successfully anymore. I tried doing mine, but the voltage I got was different from what the DW would read. So I had to take it to the dealer. These sleds are very picky!

R
Nov 29, 2007
Anything else that it could be? I've been having the same issues so I took it to the dealer and they said it was within specs of what it should be but they went ahead and set it to the higher end of the scale which they said would make it idle high if anything, still has the same issue after getting it back.

Premium Features