• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Extra Plug Storage on Pro

Dec 4, 2007
Went to store extra plugs on new Pro and found another reason they only weigh 417 lbs. - no extra plug holders. Anyone come up with a great storage method? Pics?

Thx-

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
The old school spring loaded plastic plug holders that we all used to have riveted to the clutch guard. Just pick a spot and rivet one on.

edgey

Premium Member
Jul 9, 2001
Ultra where do get them? I had 3 mounted on my xlt (haha) looked a few spots no luck.

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
I take the tools out of the stock tool bag, and put them in with a larger tool kit. Then i store plugs and registration info stuff in their place...

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
http://www.hiperf.com/acatalog/Snowmobile_Parts_Spark_Plugs___Accessories_137.html

Theirs some holders... Im sure dennis kirk, wps etc would also have them

Yes. They are still readily available. Just ask your favorite dealer to open up most any aftermarket catolog that they order through. I prefer those rather than plugs laying loose in a pouch or bag. They don't get beat around and have the electrode gap smashed frombouncing around. Gap them at home and stick them in the holder and they will be ready to use when needed.

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It's funny because I hardly change plugs these days. I remember on my older Polaris and Yamaha sleds I went through several plugs a season. Now I basically do them each year. But it is a good idea to have a couple spares. Maybe one of those cheap caddies riveted in the right spot would be the ticket.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
I just use one of these and stash it wherever.

I put a bit of anti-seize on the threads before putting them in the box.

Plenty on ebay for cheap. Click here

3890_1.JPG

X

xc6rider

Jan 12, 2009
Iowa
Yes, I might add, what I do keep in the stock tool pouch, I keep taped up and secure etc... Keep em from gettin banged around. They hold up very well...

Edit: keep 4 plugs I there... Figure I'm likely only gonna need 2, but I ride with many other Pro's, as well as run into Pro's alllllllll over......

2nd Edit: I'll now be doin what Oregon has pictured below........

Last edited:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
well it took me about 2.5 seconds to see mountainhorse's link before I had an emails from paypal and ebay saying that I had one heading my way. Thanks as usual MH

Chad

If you ride where it's cold, put a thick rubber band around the case - the hard plastic clip that holds it closed breaks easily in the cold on that case. Been there...

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
Yes. They are still readily available. Just ask your favorite dealer to open up most any aftermarket catolog that they order through. I prefer those rather than plugs laying loose in a pouch or bag. They don't get beat around and have the electrode gap smashed frombouncing around. Gap them at home and stick them in the holder and they will be ready to use when needed.

you could rivet them to the inside of one of your panels easily enough.

Premium Features