• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SLP Stage 4

T
Aug 31, 2008
Leavenworth, WA
Anyone out there running the SLP Stage 4 kit? If so what're your thoughts on it. Was it a big difference? Is the sled still reliable? I'm trying to get a little bit more out of my 2012 while still running 1500 miles before a rebuild

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
kinda on subject
the stage 4 is a good step over the stage 3 i think the porting makes the package really work my 2 cents

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
went to stage 4 last October, rode all last year and have been happy with it. Use my own clutching tho..I find you get compliacent after riding it for awhile but if you ride somebody elses sled you realize how much better it runs than stock.

Bigrock33

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
RoffRider - since I see that you have posted on other threads since I posted this question, and have not responded to this question, it would probably be fair to assume that you do not have any seat time/personal experience with the Stage 4 kit. Yet, you you post as if you do. If you are going to respond to a thread as being all knowing, please have the courtesy to reply to a legitimate question. I am very interested in this kit but want feedback from people who actually have significant seat time with it.

S
Nov 2, 2009
Hugo, MN
I have a Carls cycle equiv to SLP stage 4 in my Pro. (I've had a few of these style motors in various sleds)
It works flawless. If your interested call Chris at Carls cycle in performance. Buy the whole package including clutching and you will have a turn key, gas/oil sled that has a ton more power and reliability and clutching is set perfectly to whatever elevation you are going to be at.

SLP kits are pretty good also.
I choose Carls cycle as they are a Polaris only performance shop. Every motor or sled mod I've ever gotten from them is top notch, tested extensivly, works exactly as they say it will.
There reputation is second to none in the Polaris hop ups.

Premium Features