• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamadoo Reloaded

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Ill tell Scott to send me some pics, maybe give ya some idea what that may look like. He said he will send some tonight.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I relocated the top mount forward kinda like you can do on a rev and that gave me quite a bit of room. also looks like your motor is layed over more so should give you even more room yet! still a pita,

U-joint would be slick tho! i just like simple straight post stuff!!

Ill tell Scott to send me some pics, maybe give ya some idea what that may look like. He said he will send some tonight.

I have the u joint already. I was working on a vertical post setup for my m1100t two years ago and scrapped the project. I am actually thinking multiple ujoints. Really give me some room. We will see. Maybe my room will be so much better on this with a standard post than it was on the rev. I had a custom post in the rev and it was still super tight.

After I get the mounts done I will be ordering some stainless bends for the header. I wonder how important it would be to keep the tube lengths of the header equal? It is doable but would be easier to not.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Well lets just say I burned a $50 bill today. Here is the side plate I cut after work today. See on the front it gets super thin. Yeah not so good. Something about max arc. There are a couple compound arcs in this area and the cam software didn't like it and I did not catch it on the graphics. I will recut them in the morning. Looks like everything is going to line up.

Chaincase and jackshaft got here from skidooinit. So was nice to see that as well. He had the jackshaft remachined for a yamaha clutch so that's awesome.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Side plates are temporarily mounted once again. Wish I would get the head soon so I can continue planning. Tonight I hesitantly put the gas tank on and was worried that I may have no room. It appears as though there is enough room. I think the head is 6-8 inches tall. Likely more 6 than 8 and 8 would be more than fine as well. Depending upon room it may change the header design a lot for the good.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
custom header. Exhaust to the side or over the top of the engine to the side. Have to see what kinda room I end up with when I get the head.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Some pics with the head sitting on it and carbs. On vacation all this week so nothing is going to get done. . . , going to order mandrel bends for the header though this week.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Did quite a bit of work in the past two days. Got the chaincase close to being mounted. Had to mill some clearance in for the motor mount bolt. Moved the engine to the clutch side about half an inch. Think I may likely be moving that back. Should be getting the rev bearing block tomorrow to ee what room I have after mounting that. I think it likely sticks out .375" or so.

Worked on the supercharger mounting tonight as well. I will be milling the super bearing holder and tensioner tomorrow. Moving the engine back to the mag side of the sled more will help with this as well.

My header material is ordered. It is going to be tighter than I wanted getting around the chaincase. But should be still very doable. May have to get creative with a new oil tank though as not sure I want the oil tank right next to the exhaust. I know skidooinit had his mounted in the front. I may either do this or mount it outboard of the chaincase as there is a good deal of room there.

That's it for now.

S

snopromod

Nov 30, 2008
wy
Fantastic job! One question, what are you going to do about those child bearing hips on those RT panels, I remember first time I saw one of those sleds I thought they were pregnant!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Fantastic job! One question, what are you going to do about those child bearing hips on those RT panels, I remember first time I saw one of those sleds I thought they were pregnant!

I am either going to embrace them as any friend would do or I am going to see what it takes to put rev plastic on. I honestly and not to worried about the width of the panels. I would rather it be the width of a pro. . . . But gotta remember budget build not unlimited money being spot here. Doesn't mean it won't be nice just means certain things need to be sacrificed.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Mountain fit makes rev width panels that make it look just as a rev but they are $370. Would love to do it but it will have to be one of the finishing touches. We will see I guess. The stock panels I bought are heavy for sure so the mountain fit ones I am sure would be a nice weight loss as well. Mountain fit are you listening? Help me out.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Well kinda at a stand still waiting for some more stuff to show up. I got the clutch side jackshaft bearing flange mounted. Used one off a rev. Also machined down the supercharger support bracket. Happy with the position that the engine is in the chassis. Have some room to work with aligning the clutches so that's good. As soon as I get my front motor mounts I am going to position the supercharger and mount that for now. Then it will be onto the header. That piece is either going to be a work on art or the black sheep on this project. I hope it turns out well.

O also got likely what will be the biggest teal of a deal for the entire project. Vortech bypass valve for $25 shipped. Was nervous about it as seemed to good to be true. . . But it is in my hand is in great shape.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Way cool project! Nice to see some outside the box thinking now and again. I look forward to seeing how this beast turns out...

Thanks!

I definately enjoy doing the projects. Hoping to take what I learned on the last one and apply it here. Thinking about doing something with front suspension geometry. I need to find a prormk to measure some things. Right now I can do whatever I want with front geometry by making new a-arms. But that has not been my main focus yet. I'll get the motor mounted then find a pro to measure up.

Premium Features