• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Technical tree riding the M1100

S

Snupe3

Jul 7, 2012
The vert steering was a huge help for me.275 hp certainly didn't hurt either lol. I couldn't carve very well at all now it's closer to feeling like my 1000

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
i have rode them all like most of you, my take on all the sleds i've owned in the past few years

09 m8 very capable(sold)

10 m8t great power less easy in slow manuevers, turbo made it a little jerky and less smooth(sold)

12 pc800 cat, great power, washed out a lot, not as easy and smoooth as the rmk(sold)

12 pro rmk(selling)-easy in trees, gutless, ticking time bomb
the rmk is so easy to ride, its a more dialed in m8 if you ask me, i think the reason i am not so tired from riding it because lets be honest, its not hard to hold on too, it feels underpowered compared to the other 800's

13 1100t(stock) she is heavy, no doubt, but while riding does not seem nearly as heavy, it sidehills easier and smoother than my rmk, it will test your strength more so than the polaris for sure, power is not even close, ease of throttle, its highly manueverable, if you get it stuck its super heavy.
if i never ride another sled im ok with it, the 1100t is what ive been looking for for some time. and its stock!!!! it will be losing 45lbs and gaining 40hp over the next few weeks, i cant even imagine.....

im not scared to take this sled anywhere i have taken my pro or m8 or pc800
i would take the 1100t to all those places and not have any concerns..
its a little different to ride like some have said, but once you get the sweet spot, i can turn tighter cookies and turns, uphill and downhill as easy or easier than the 800's ive rode.. then get it on a hill with some fresh snow, and no 800 can do what it does..(stock sleds)

luckily all the sleds out today are all very capable, the real separation is the fools operating them, some guys are just better riders than others...

M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
Depends on your definition of technical tree riding....

Bingo!!!!

The sledder s world has no phrase (save boondocking) so completely left to the epic riding ability of every rider....are trees 5 feet apart? If so, that is "spacious" or 10 feet is "park like"

The eye of the beholder...

Having ridden a Nytro, and now an m1100... It is harder in some aspects (cant get around weight) but easier in other aspects....

We rode around all day yesterday in terrain like this, some open parts, some tight parts, is what you make it, but could easily post together some clips where I took tight lines and make it seem wicked...

image-1_zpsd842b5b1.jpg

C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
i have rode them all like most of you, my take on all the sleds i've owned in the past few years

09 m8 very capable(sold)

10 m8t great power less easy in slow manuevers, turbo made it a little jerky and less smooth(sold)

12 pc800 cat, great power, washed out a lot, not as easy and smoooth as the rmk(sold)

12 pro rmk(selling)-easy in trees, gutless, ticking time bomb
the rmk is so easy to ride, its a more dialed in m8 if you ask me, i think the reason i am not so tired from riding it because lets be honest, its not hard to hold on too, it feels underpowered compared to the other 800's

13 1100t(stock) she is heavy, no doubt, but while riding does not seem nearly as heavy, it sidehills easier and smoother than my rmk, it will test your strength more so than the polaris for sure, power is not even close, ease of throttle, its highly manueverable, if you get it stuck its super heavy.
if i never ride another sled im ok with it, the 1100t is what ive been looking for for some time. and its stock!!!! it will be losing 45lbs and gaining 40hp over the next few weeks, i cant even imagine.....

im not scared to take this sled anywhere i have taken my pro or m8 or pc800
i would take the 1100t to all those places and not have any concerns..
its a little different to ride like some have said, but once you get the sweet spot, i can turn tighter cookies and turns, uphill and downhill as easy or easier than the 800's ive rode.. then get it on a hill with some fresh snow, and no 800 can do what it does..(stock sleds)

luckily all the sleds out today are all very capable, the real separation is the fools operating them, some guys are just better riders than others...

My last few sleds were the first year Nytro MTX w/ 162 track and K-Mod skid and other lightweight parts. Hated the sled and could not get rid of it fast enough. Great on the trail but thats it IMO. Did hear that Yami did make some improvments to the newer ones though.
09 162 M-1000 w/ pipe and bdx intake. Really liked the M-1 in the mountains until I rode a Pro RMK. Loved the Poo and never had any issues w/ it.
I am a big guy though at 6'3" 280lbs. If the M1100 rides lighter than the nytro I might take one for ride.

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
catfreak,
ive never rode a nytro, wish i could comment on that as well, however, i have no doubt being the size dude you are, that you will like this sled. it is effortless to ride, it will take more effort when it gets stuck , no doubt, but riding around, it feels no different than my rmk except smoother, and harder to hang on to due to the power.....its well balanced...
the only things it needs is venting, i like to think i ride pretty hard, i will ride and ride and ride and not take to many breaks so things heat up,
i am 6' 185 and i can throw it around and turn and carve and sidehill and climb and pick my way through the trees and do all the things i normally due and where i normally ride as easily or in certain cases even easier than my pro rmk(not bashing the rmk)... the one place the rmk has huge advantage is in slow,slow,slow speed deep snow situations, you will feel the weight of the big 4stroke, but the power will pull you out of it,, the rmk will simply float out of it,
it is incredible for a stock sled, i honestly cant believe how well it performs for a stock sled..... then when yo do do get it in the open deep snow conditions, nothing(stock) will keep up with it..
fortunately for all of us all the stock sleds these days are very good,, so pick a color or two and go have fun..

C
Jan 18, 2004
Merrill Oregon
Thanks for the info. I am going to see if I can borrow the 2013 demo from my local cat dealer. W/ the Nytro if you were side hilling your way through the trees up a ridge line and you let off the throttle to choose your line the stupid top heavy sled would try to roll you and it down the hill. There was no pick and choosing your way through. It was WOT or nothing..

M
Feb 27, 2010
the 38'' stance is the best upgrade on this sled. i ride alot of trees and weigh only 160lbs and sure the 800 is lighter but the 2013 is way better then the 12 in the trees. stock i would rather have the 800 but do a pipe and a 1.9ez and i would rather have the 1100t.

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
Im also 6-4 and 280lbs, so going from a old 2005 king kat to a 1100t wouldnt be that big of a deal handling wise?

what justboostit said, all you big dudes 6'2 and 220 and up this sled was made for you,,
im 180 and can throw it around its more difficult but to me its not bad at all, i love the sled... ive said it before, if you can ride and are aggresive and like to really ride hard, this sled is unreal, it will work for all types of riders, but the aggresive, go get em, i'll try that, that might be impossible,,type of riders will get the most enjoyment out of this sled...

i love it.......

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
I am 6'3" and 275 pounds I loved the power but hated the way it handled last year. Over the summer I lightened her up a little, installed the vertical post, got rid of the piece of crap stock ski's and dropped the skid to the 2013 position. Now I absolutly love the way it handles. I can throw it around easier than my 07 M1000.
Am I pulling lines through the trees like Chris Burandt and others? Probably not but like others above we do play in the trees when its snowing and visibility is low.
The only time I notice the weight is when I get stuck but even that seems to be less often than my M1000. I love this sled.
Just my 2 pennies.

W

wasatchcomm

Aug 17, 2009
Pinedale wy.
I am 6'3" and 275 pounds I loved the power but hated the way it handled last year. Over the summer I lightened her up a little, installed the vertical post, got rid of the piece of crap stock ski's and dropped the skid to the 2013 position. Now I absolutly love the way it handles. I can throw it around easier than my 07 M1000.
Am I pulling lines through the trees like Chris Burandt and others? Probably not but like others above we do play in the trees when its snowing and visibility is low.
The only time I notice the weight is when I get stuck but even that seems to be less often than my M1000. I love this sled.
Just my 2 pennies.

which skis did you go with, thats on my to do list.... im thinking about fitting some polaris skis on it...

UtahEdge

Premium Member
Sep 19, 2003
Syracuse, Utah
which skis did you go with, thats on my to do list.... im thinking about fitting some polaris skis on it...

I went with the Simmons gen 3 skis. they are a little heavy but they float good, they don't dart on the trail plus they steer very easy. All my friends hop on and every one of them has said it feels like it has power steering.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
Love mine!

I've been a die hard Doo guy since I was a boy! Just bought a 2012 M1100 SP Limited. I love this thing and I haven't put any of my accessories on yet. I bought the Turbo Dynamics exhaust, EVO intake components, and have yet to decide what I'm doing with programming. I just got sick of being 240lbs and that little 2 smoke not getting me where I needed to go. I can smell belt on this bad boy so its time for vents. In all I fricking love this thing. I ride it much like my 2 stroke turbo and have no probs getting around. Hell ya it sucks digging it out! I love trees... and it'll go there but I do get tired quicker. 16 wide tracks suck too! Glad it has a 15 on it. Skis seem fine? 8.5" bar riser, it actually rides quite similar to my XP. The fun really starts in the hills though! Now you heard it from a Doo guy who said he would never ride a Cat!

R

R44guy

Oct 8, 2008
MN
www.mnhelicopters.com
I have found that the 13 M1100T is certainly heavier when you get stuck but it shines in side hilling or straight up climbs and for technical tree riding the weight is only partly noticeable but the extra power and track make up for it. I did put the sly dog skis on which seemed to help with floatation considerably besides the evo 215 flash with full exhaust and evo clutching.

Bendy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 11, 2009
Spirit River, AB Canada
F*@k ya! EVO

I have found that the 13 M1100T is certainly heavier when you get stuck but it shines in side hilling or straight up climbs and for technical tree riding the weight is only partly noticeable but the extra power and track make up for it. I did put the sly dog skis on which seemed to help with floatation considerably besides the evo 215 flash with full exhaust and evo clutching.

They go good! Any stock sled I ride with is not touching this thing. You need to have a 2 smoke and be able to ride... to leave me behind in the trees!

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I'm talking stock... not that mine is any longer!

I agree, the stock m11t is no slouch. It is sneaky fast. It makes crazy track speed. Is it heavy. Sure really only feels heavy when stuck though. Now just take care of the intake and the exhaust and this thing becomes an animal. Add a remap and it is a different world.

H

Hilly

Jul 6, 2001
Esko, Mn
Awe but the feeling the Big girl gives ya!

And Even if she wears on a guy a bit more? I found this quote

" Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave in a well preserved body, but rather skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting Holy Sh!t...What a ride."

Premium Features