• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Evo 215 flash is totally awesome!

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
You will be fine running the sled with any EVO product from day one. There is more protection in our EVO tunes than the stock ECU, you will be plenty safe.

sledking120

Premium Member
Nov 14, 2011
South Dakota
After hearing how awesome the 215 is i am wondering if I should have just stayed with the 215 as I went to the big chute now. Hmmm I think it will be worth it.

I will buy a 215 reflash and trade you if your not happy with your bc purchase
:yo:

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
I will buy a 215 reflash and trade you if your not happy with your bc purchase
:yo:

haha lol im sure ill be fine.

I just wanted to say again how Happy I am with EVOLUTION. If your on the fence whether you want a 215 tune or a even a BC kit you should get off the fence before you turn into humptydumpty.

Last edited:
T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
could you get away without changing the clutching? and who would be the best to get the refash through

Depends where you live, In the midwest go right to EVO, in the west you have EDGE powersports in Utah, Racinstation in Idaho. In Western CA you have White Knuckle Motorsports.

As far clutching your going to need to at very least add some weight.

RACINSTATION

Lifetime Membership
Jan 14, 2003
Idaho
On the 215 flash just run good 91 octane and you will be fine.

I highly recommend an ethonal neutralizer products like Starton in every tank to help offset the damage that the ethonal will cause.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
So do you need a 2.5" complete exhaust for the 215 flash to get 215hp? I only have the 2.5" muffler but no dp what could I expect for hp?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
In an interesting note.

I have a 1976 pantera that makes 24ftlbs of torque at the track. That is the same exact amount of tq increase over stock! TQ is what you feel not hp. So if with 144ftlb over 120ftlbs it is like having a engine out of a 380lb sled that would go 80-85mph. All that without adding any weight.

For any of you that think that 35hp/24ftlbs increase over stock that the 215 tune will give is not much hopefully you see now that it is substanial. I think when the videos start surfacing of the 215 reflash there are going to be alot of people very impressed. Alot of two stroke guys spending $4500 to get a true 200 hp.

So moral of the story. . . Pull that stinky money out of your pocket and get some product for your 1100. The yamaha 4 stroke guys should not be the only ones having alot of fun. . .

Ok now I step down off my soap box! lol

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
Any need for higher octane fuel with the 215 flash?

Yes, for maximum performance. The 215hp reflash was built to run on 93 octane to get the 215hp it was designed to deliver. All the EVO products come with a recommended octane level, usually either 91, 93 or 100 octane. For maximum performance you need to use the the octane your reflash is rated at. All the dyno sheets and octane ratings are in the catalog. Can you run 91 in the 215? yes, but you may not see 215hp.

Last edited:

Hotchief

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2005
Normandy Park, WA
Yes, for maximum performance. The 215hp reflash was built to run on 93 octane to get the 215hp it was designed to deliver. All the EVO products come with a recommended octane level, usually either 91, 93 or 100 octane. For maximum performance you need to use the the octane your reflash is rated at. All the dyno sheets and octane ratings are in the catalog. Can you run 91 in the 215? yes, but you may not see 215hp.

Thanks, just went and re-read the EVO catalog.
I believe my local Chevron has ethanol free 93 octane.
Appreciate the info, just wanted to ensure no detonation issues -great to read that the EVO program compensates octane with proper timing.

Let it snow!

Prairie Dog

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Beautiful BC
"Yes, for maximum performance. The 215hp reflash was built to run on 93 octane to get the 215hp it was designed to deliver. All the EVO products come with a recommended octane level, usually either 91, 93 or 100 octane. For maximum performance you need to use the the octane your reflash is rated at. All the dyno sheets and octane ratings are in the catalog. Can you run 91 in the 215? yes, but you may not see 215hp."

Isn't it advertised as a 91 octane set up for 215hp???? I was wondering this as I got the 215 reflash and the sticker on it when I got the ecu back said 93octane on it. If that's true I don't like that its advertised as a 91octane set up. The reason I went with it is because i thought it was a 91 set up. I don't have access to anything higher than 91 except av gas. Don't get me wrong I have really enjoyed my Evo stuff so far but I don't think it's right that now info comes out that 91 won't get me what I paid for. A little clarity on this would be appreciated.

T
Oct 21, 2012
"Yes, for maximum performance. The 215hp reflash was built to run on 93 octane to get the 215hp it was designed to deliver. All the EVO products come with a recommended octane level, usually either 91, 93 or 100 octane. For maximum performance you need to use the the octane your reflash is rated at. All the dyno sheets and octane ratings are in the catalog. Can you run 91 in the 215? yes, but you may not see 215hp."

Isn't it advertised as a 91 octane set up for 215hp???? I was wondering this as I got the 215 reflash and the sticker on it when I got the ecu back said 93octane on it. If that's true I don't like that its advertised as a 91octane set up. The reason I went with it is because i thought it was a 91 set up. I don't have access to anything higher than 91 except av gas. Don't get me wrong I have really enjoyed my Evo stuff so far but I don't think it's right that now info comes out that 91 won't get me what I paid for. A little clarity on this would be appreciated.

A little clarity: We are calling the 215 Mountain Tune a 93 Octane tune at high elevation (8000'+). At sea level or modest elevations, it is a 91 octane tune. It is a 91 Octane tune at 8000'+ elevation as well, HOWEVER, the problem we have at high elevations is the stock turbo is overspeeding and producing more heat than at low elevation. This is complicated by the fact that in the mountains, we deal with slower forward speeds and the hood full of snow which means that the IC gets very little air flow. We have found that we have MUCH more consistent performance with 93 Octane vs 91. Our programming can pull 4.4 degrees of timing if deto is detected before an octane code is set off. You are giving up substantial power with 4+ degrees of timing pulled. Also, the programming can add over 2 degrees of timing over baseline if there is no detonation detected. So theoretically a very happy detonation free engine can use 7 degrees more timing than an unhappy one. 93 Octane makes for a happy engine. Remember, 100% stock engines with stock programming would benefit from 93 octane at high altitude - we have seen 100% stock machines set off the octane light at high altitudes under certain conditions.

If you want the maximum performance we have programmed into the tune, use 93. If you are stuck with 91 Octane fuel or don't feel like mixing a little race fuel, it is not a problem.

You will get 215 hp under most conditions, but as soon as you do a long pull with the hood full of snow (on 91 octane), the intake temps will spike and the programming will do what it has been programmed to do.

MIKE
EVO

Last edited:
B

b1dodge

Nov 26, 2007
utah
www.youtube.com
A little clarity: We are calling the 215 Mountain Tune a 93 Octane tune at high elevation (8000'+). At sea level or modest elevations, it is a 91 octane tune. It is a 91 Octane tune at 8000'+ elevation as well, HOWEVER, the problem we have at high elevations is the stock turbo is overspeeding and producing more heat than at low elevation. This is complicated by the fact that in the mountains, we deal with slower forward speeds and the hood full of snow which means that the IC gets very little air flow. We have found that we have MUCH more consistent performance with 93 Octane vs 91. Our programming can pull 4.4 degrees of timing if deto is detected before an octane code is set off. You are giving up substantial power with 4+ degrees of timing pulled. Also, the programming can add over 2 degrees of timing over baseline if there is no detonation detected. So theoretically a very happy detonation free engine can use 7 degrees more timing than an unhappy one. 93 Octane makes for a happy engine. Remember, 100% stock engines with stock programming would benefit from 93 octane at high altitude - we have seen 100% stock machines set off the octane light at high altitudes under certain conditions.

If you want the maximum performance we have programmed into the tune, use 93. If you are stuck with 91 Octane fuel or don't feel like mixing a little race fuel, it is not a problem.

You will get 215 hp under most conditions, but as soon as you do a long pull with the hood full of snow, the intake temps will spike and the programming will do what it has been programmed to do.

MIKE
EVO

My boy Mike...... wicked smart, and why the piggyback systems and the lofty flat land ECU HP numbers, will never exist in the mountains without a turbo upgrade:yo:

Last edited:
Premium Features