• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Homemade Headlight Delete

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Thats CRRRRRRRRRRRRRAZY on a head light:jaw:

S/C

It is alot for a light but its an LED headlight not a cheap trailer light you just pick up at the hardware store. Theres other lights available that would probably work too but from the LED lights ive installed on vehicles its well worth the money if you want something that works and can take the abuse. Heres some other lights that would work also. The Bullet one runs for $100 and the Single Row Mini LED runs for $150

91231-2T.jpg Bullitt1_1024x1024.jpg

M

mynewuseddoo

May 28, 2009
Shuswap
Yep! Rigid industries makes some of the best and brightest off/on road LED products available. Well worth the money spent. Multiple beam patterns available to suit a persons preference to their application as well!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
OH YEAH!!! I like that. You need stock comparison picture taken with the same guy there to really put the exclamation point on this post.

Nice Mod.. weather you loose the headlights or not.

2012sdxp2drop.jpg

610personvsstock.jpg

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Here is the hood back on the sled! Got the wiring harness figured out and where it can go along with mounting the key and 12v outlet. More of these will be available as kits if anyone is interested. PM me if you have any questions. Once I get the LED headlight i will be posting more pics with that mounted on

P9290547.jpg P9290548.jpg P9290549.jpg P9290550.jpg P9290551.jpg P9290552.jpg P9290553.jpg

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
It is alot for a light but its an LED headlight not a cheap trailer light you just pick up at the hardware store. Theres other lights available that would probably work too but from the LED lights ive installed on vehicles its well worth the money if you want something that works and can take the abuse. Heres some other lights that would work also. The Bullet one runs for $100 and the Single Row Mini LED runs for $150

what is the dimension of the 3 light mini on the left?

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
$125 for the kit, includes the gauge bracket and plate with the stainless steel mesh and prefilter screen. Will be including rivets and aluminum backers for install. Powder coating will be extra I do not know how much yet probably 10 to 20 for that. Any other questions just let me know. Thanks

Posted from Snowestonline.com App for Android

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
OH YEAH!!! I like that. You need stock comparison picture taken with the same guy there to really put the exclamation point on this post.

Ask and you shall receive.
There is a ton of difference in LED tech, We are vary happy to have the most advanced optic technology in the business. Ridged is good. look out for Chinese copies.
www.cyclopsmotorsports.com
pesonstockheadlight.jpg

D

deadcat

Nov 27, 2007
Castle Rock CO
Home Made?

Heres what i came up with for deleting the headlight and losing some weight. Removed plastic under the headlight and replaced it with aluminum sheetmetal. Then made a bracket to mount the windshield and tach then added a vent to it. After all the fab work is done the vents made for the nose and headlight delete will be powder coated. Let me know what you think!

That is way too nice to be home made. Looks great!
I made mine at home using a few nuts, bolts, and nylon spacers. Windshield required a little trimming to sit flat. In all dropped 7 lbs.
IMAG0298.jpg

IMAG0297.jpg

R

ReaperMotorsports

Mar 19, 2009
Mantorville, Minnesota
Looks Good! Defiantly like the look of the sled without a headlight. Some do some dont. Picking up all my parts from powdercoat tomorrow finally. Will take some pics of it back together with the cold air intake setup on I figured out on it. Show some more pics once you get it back on the sled

C
Feb 5, 2010
Norway
Do you sell kits and does them come for 800 ccm models? :)

I really really want a headlight delete but I don`t want a complete hood. I want something that works, sticks out in the crowd and is functional.

justpinit907

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Interior, Alaska
Do you sell kits and does them come for 800 ccm models? :)

I really really want a headlight delete but I don`t want a complete hood. I want something that works, sticks out in the crowd and is functional.

I'm wondering the same thing. Anybody have pics of what you're doing for intake and delete on the 800's?

Premium Features