• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

big chute turbo build

K

Koby

Nov 26, 2007
Saddle Hills
if you don't mind buying new studs, you can pull the header straight up after removing the nuts and studs off each side.

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
Does the oil drain out when the turbo comes off or do the lines stay hooked? Already know about changing over to bolts from studs on Turbo. Do the gaskets need to be replaced anywhere with this?

E

Evolution Powersports

Nov 23, 2006
Does the oil drain out when the turbo comes off or do the lines stay hooked? Already know about changing over to bolts from studs on Turbo. Do the gaskets need to be replaced anywhere with this?

Just the turbo outlet gasket. If you use a good up pipe (like ours:face-icon-small-win), you can use the Z1 turbo outlet gasket which is metal and reuseable. The problem with the factory pipe is it has a very thin flange and is not very uniform so they need a graphite type gasket to seal it on the 1100T

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
I'm not doing anything with my turbo this year. I just want to know if I need to remove anything to get on the turbo blanket and header blanket?

H

Hillclimbpro

Feb 11, 2010
Gillette, WY
All you need to do is remove the intercooler and then remove the three heat shields and then put on the blankets. You can do it with everything else together. I had my BC turbo installed and then got the blankets and got them on just fine just took a little patience. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349134447.758612.jpg

K

Koby

Nov 26, 2007
Saddle Hills
While doing the BRV kit last night, I see that there is a second 1/8" barb on the bottom of the BRV solenoid. The upper is tied to intercooler, the lower is open to atmosphere.
Could it be used for a boost gauge outlet?

N

nosajlleb

Feb 19, 2010
Michigan
All you need to do is remove the intercooler and then remove the three heat shields and then put on the blankets. You can do it with everything else together. I had my BC turbo installed and then got the blankets and got them on just fine just took a little patience. View attachment 181690

I bet you took the waffle pan off the bottom while the manifold and/or turbo was off though. That seems to be the biggest PIA of the whole job!

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
The couple of you that have installed the turbo blanket, where are you attaching both springs? Looking straight at the turbo from the front end i can attach my right spring to the right side mount on the blanket but the left side spring as no mount to go to, you just attaching to turbo?

JustBoostIt

Lifetime Membership
Fuel consumption

It is exactly the same thing I found out on my TApex. If you do 30km of trail in and out and heavy upper/wo throttle stuff all day for 30-40 km it will use a little more. 50km trail and 20km on the hill it would be the same or less than stock. On trail it's more efficient with its power.

I wouldn't carry fuel on anything less than 80km days where we ride with that kit, or even the SC kit I will have. I rarely use more than 2/3 of a tank when filling at the end of the day even thou the gauge flashed fuel the last half of the day. I had a guy tell me this week who has 1800 miles on his that some days he doesn't use anymore than his buddies Etec. He has a BD2.0 (bc275 to come:face-icon-small-win). It's very good but will be determined on trail vs hill km where you ride.

charlie99

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SL
It is exactly the same thing I found out on my TApex. If you do 30km of trail in and out and heavy upper/wo throttle stuff all day for 30-40 km it will use a little more. 50km trail and 20km on the hill it would be the same or less than stock. On trail it's more efficient with its power.

I wouldn't carry fuel on anything less than 80km days where we ride with that kit, or even the SC kit I will have. I rarely use more than 2/3 of a tank when filling at the end of the day even thou the gauge flashed fuel the last half of the day. I had a guy tell me this week who has 1800 miles on his that some days he doesn't use anymore than his buddies Etec. He has a BD2.0 (bc275 to come:face-icon-small-win). It's very good but will be determined on trail vs hill km where you ride.

Did you have problems with running out of fuel when going up and down steep grades when under half a tank.

Premium Features