• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Go pro as regular camcorder?

S
Oct 1, 2002
NY
This upcoming yr I've been thinking about getting a go pro hero2 to mount on my helmet.
Are these still able to be used like hand held when it's not mounted on my helmet? I didn't see where it mentioned about having a view finder, seems like it would be hard to know what exactly I would be filming, so should Ibe looking @ upgrading my old hand held to?

O

ottawaair

Mar 2, 2012
thats pretty sweet. Gonna have to get one for mine. sucks not seeing what you're recording.

S

sledaddiction

Jul 23, 2012
Wyo
Have you looked into SportsVue cameras? They have one called the 360- all waterproof, rotating lens, and they have a small screen on the side so you can see what you are filming. I just bought 4 of them for filming this year

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
The GoPro is a good camera as a POV (point of view) but they will not take the place of even a cheap hand held HD video camera. The biggest reason is that there is no zoom and the lense is optimized for POV applications. I have one and a 2 Contour cameras. They all work great but I still carry a good hand held HD video camera.

Premium Features