• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New 2012 1100T 162 ***671 lbs*** full of gas!

I

izzni

Mar 22, 2009
Vadnais Heights
What good is warranty when the parts are on B/O in the middle of prime riding season? You get what you pay for...

Why have they focused so much effort on improving dated technology? Pleace explain. Please explain? Explain this:

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284683

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284697

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284644

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284737

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284391

Prime riding season huh?

As for the second part of this post, are you answering your own question or something? Those are all two stroke failures... As for why Arctic Cat still makes two strokes:

1) They are cheaper, and although they don't last as long, not everyone rides enough in a year to actually wear it out quickly enough to care.
2) They are lighter. If you've read much of this forum you know that some snowmobilers would rather have lightweight than stone reliable motors.

Yamaha being the only manufacturer making exclusively four strokes slices both ways aince they are also the least popular mountain sleds.

Nickname

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
Sweden
Also another reason I am pumped about the 1100t is 177hp at any elevation. . . This is a huge PLUS!!!
This is not an exclusive Arctic Cat feature. As far as I know, every new sled turbo kit is altitude compensated, aftermarket or otherwise.

He dont want to spend some $4000 extra on something he can get stock.
Why all links to m800 problems?. Its a twostroke.
Now go to yammi section whith your baching of cat.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Also another reason I am pumped about the 1100t is 177hp at any elevation. . . This is a huge PLUS!!!
This is not an exclusive Arctic Cat feature. As far as I know, every new sled turbo kit is altitude compensated, aftermarket or otherwise.

Shows really what you know then. . . haha. . . the factory turbo kit for the yamaha is not. . . the supercharger kit cannot be. . . MCX is. . . And I think the standalone system from Impulse is.

The mcx "180 kit" keeps the hp constant the same way that the cat does. . . but lets look at this the base price of the sleds are nearly the same and the weight is less on the none turbo nytro. . add the turbo at a cost of $4500 and the weight is the same.

You have to realize I was on the fence to buying a turbo yamaha or the cat. . . But there are many reasons that the cat is going to be better for the guy that only wants to get to 220hp max on the stock turbo. If you want 270 you can do a turbo upgrade and head studs. . . . This will bring you to 300hp and it will be the same weight and more hp than a nytro. . . You just wait and see. Some benefits of the 1100t is that the engine is designed for boost with specific cams for a turbo application as well as low compression pistons.

Since we are not comparing apples to apples. . . lets do that.

Nytro ($12,500)
-Mcx 270 kit ($7,200)
-Concept A-arms ($900)(fix geometry issue)

m1100Turbo($13600)
-Boondocker D&D 2860 upgrade(350hp on race gas) ($3495)

Nytro MOD=$20,600
M1100T MOD= $17,095

This is plain and simple. . . . If you want a mod the cat is more bang for the buck. . . Plain and simple. Also I would not ride the nytro without the Skinz concept arms. . . This is becoming the consenses of alot of guys that have ridden the nytro for years.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
O yeah, I know alot about these sleds I was not just born yesterday. . . I know more about each brand than you know about one brand it seems.

LIke I said before nytro guys go back to the yamaha forums. No need to be over here in the CAT forums bragging how yamaha started this so how they are superior. Cat is going to rock your world this year. . . WHY O WHY if yamaha has had the 4 stroke for 10 years have they not built a better handling sled to put the power plant in. :

FACT
There is no doubt the engine is great. . . on boost.

FACT:
The 1100T loves boost too! Ask glenn hall. . . How in the world is he taking a 2 cylinder thumper and running with the 4 cylinder yamahas. BECAUSE THIS ENGINE was designed to be boosted. . . .

FACT:
The CHASSIS is lacking alot to be desired. . . . Heck if the chassis weighed 500lbs dry it would still not be able to sidehill due to poor geometry. This is a fact. . .

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
FACT: Every one bashed Yamaha when they came out with a 4-stroke dirt bike, now they are the only bikes that are competitive.

Are you oblivious to the fact that they have to be given a 200 cc advantage to be competitive?

A 450 2 stroke will kill a 450 4 stroke.

philsummers21

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Big Horns, Wyoming
Wow. The only reason weight is such a huge issue on these 4 strokes is that is the only downfall to them when comparing to a 2 stroke period. And the above # on the nytro doesn't seem right. Most nytros turbod with the aftermarket lightweight goodies come in just over 600# but you only notice the weight when stuck which frankly isn't that often with a Turbo. And for us 4 stroke guys getting tired From riding. Have you ever tried to hold onto 300 HP?

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
About the comment about two stroke vs four stroke. You do understand that the 4 only fires half as many times to accomplish the hp so it should take a 500 to equal a 250 but it doesn't shows the greatness of the 4 stroke.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
if ford made a heavy focus engine sled.some people would buy and like those too.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
In 5 years of riding my Apex, It never saw the end of a tow rope. When the snow is deep which is the case 90% of the time where I ride, there is nothing id rather be riding. When your ripping through the trees in the deep pow with 90-100 mph track speed at your finger tips, last thing that crosses my mind is, fu(k I wish this thing was lighter. lol

sledfvr

Lifetime Membership
Apr 7, 2008
NW MT
Four strokes suck, don't buy one. You have to make them your b!tch when you ride em or you'll be the b!tch. All this arguing is making me laugh, I guess everyone needs a good powder day. I had mine yesterday and my apex ran so good that I'd like to have sex with it. 5' of fluff and a 174x3" track and 300hp. The sled didn't burble once the whole day. What more could a guy ask for? I really don't care that it weighs 700lbs and over 800lbs with a skid full of snow. If you want a 2 stroke then buy a 2 stroke. I don't think I'll own another one though. It's good that cat's got the M1100 turbo out, the chassis throws around nice and my guess is that it will see less towropes than the m8's. I know yammi has a stout drivetrain, and I hope cat does too, we will see. Let it snow.

Last edited:
C

catweasel

Feb 20, 2010
Jackson, WY
www.jacksonholeargo.com
Why are the Yamaha guys so threatened by the M1100 T? I don't see Cat guys on their forum bashing Nytros and Apex's. Do you feel the Yamaha is so inferior to the M1100T that you have to come here and degrade Cat?

Man, you guys should be psyched and I will tell you why. Now that Cat has produced a 4 stroke factory turbo sled, what exactly do you think Yamaha is going to do? They will produce a factory tubro Nytro next year. The M1100T is a game changer and will benefit Yamaha riders as well in the long run.

In 5 years you won't see many, if any, 2 stroke sleds period. EPA, bunnyhuggers, Forest Service, and a ton of other reasons will kill them.

Now, go back to your own forum and continue to tell yourselves how great your Yamaha's are. See you on the hill......

S
Nov 26, 2007
Helena, MT
Well another guy on another forum posted wet weight with 1/2 tank at 608lbs.
I think most will change out the muffler, battery and possibly the hood which is 30lbs saved right there.
I feel weighing a sled with a 1/2 tank is more fair then full because how many hours through the season are you actually riding with a full tank? Some of us suck up a 1/4 tank just to get to the area we want to get to.

Another thing is too with all you saying a heavy pig of a 4 stroke is useless, it all depends WHERE you ride and HOW you ride. I'd like to see you guys with your light weight 2 strokes go to the Big Iron Shootout and after a weekend still tell us your happy with your 130hp (at elevation) sled. I have never owned a 4 stroke because without a turbo they are useless and I cannot afford a $20 grand sled nor would I ever pay that much for a TOY.

D

Duke

Jan 16, 2005
Why are the Yamaha guys so threatened by the M1100 T? I don't see Cat guys on their forum bashing Nytros and Apex's. Do you feel the Yamaha is so inferior to the M1100T that you have to come here and degrade Cat?

Man, you guys should be psyched and I will tell you why. Now that Cat has produced a 4 stroke factory turbo sled, what exactly do you think Yamaha is going to do? They will produce a factory tubro Nytro next year. The M1100T is a game changer and will benefit Yamaha riders as well in the long run.

In 5 years you won't see many, if any, 2 stroke sleds period. EPA, bunnyhuggers, Forest Service, and a ton of other reasons will kill them.

Now, go back to your own forum and continue to tell yourselves how great your Yamaha's are. See you on the hill......

I'm just as psyched as you are, some guys up here are switching to Garrett turbo's and cranking them up, cant wait to see them rip. Hoping they are a contender. Its about time other sled manufacturers start stepping up in the 4 stroke department. :face-icon-small-con

S

Skidooer

Oct 10, 2001
You guys are funny. I think everyone needs a good powder day soon.

B

boosted1

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
Snob....
when I looked t the pics of 608lbs he says its FULL of gas...
find that hard to believe, but i was told the M1100t would weigh in at 545lbs full with no fuel, so with a full tank of fuel should be around 617 wet
not sure where the 670 lbs is comming from which magazine is claming this?

Well another guy on another forum posted wet weight with 1/2 tank at 608lbs.
I think most will change out the muffler, battery and possibly the hood which is 30lbs saved right there.
I feel weighing a sled with a 1/2 tank is more fair then full because how many hours through the season are you actually riding with a full tank? Some of us suck up a 1/4 tank just to get to the area we want to get to.

Another thing is too with all you saying a heavy pig of a 4 stroke is useless, it all depends WHERE you ride and HOW you ride. I'd like to see you guys with your light weight 2 strokes go to the Big Iron Shootout and after a weekend still tell us your happy with your 130hp (at elevation) sled. I have never owned a 4 stroke because without a turbo they are useless and I cannot afford a $20 grand sled nor would I ever pay that much for a TOY.

Premium Features