• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Washington woman killed in snowmobile crash near McCall

Sled Idaho

Lifetime Membership
Feb 14, 2002
McCall, Idaho
www.snowmobile-alliance.org
Really sad...thoughts and prayers to her family and friends. Hate hearing about this stuff.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/2010/03/23/1127618/washington-woman-killed-in-snowmobile.html

Washington woman killed in snowmobile crash near McCall
Patrick Orr - Idaho Statesman
Published: March 23, 2010

Valley County Sheriff’s officials say it appears excessive speed was likely what caused 55-year-old Linda Wunder to drive a snowmobile into a tree just off Warren Wagon Road north of McCall on Monday afternoon.
Wunder of Roslyn, Wash., was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, according to sheriff’s reports.

Witnesses called 911 at 4:39 p.m. Monday to report the crash, which occurred near a snowmobile parking lot off Warren Wagon Road, north of McCall.

Witnesses told deputies that Wunder was riding snowmobiles with relatives and friends on Warren Wagon Road when she drove off the groomed trail and crashed into a tree. When the person she was riding with got to Wunder, she was not breathing, according to reports.

That person began CPR while others called for emergency medical crews. Sheriff’s deputies, McCall fire and EMS crews and an air ambulance helicopter went to the scene of the crash, but paramedics were not able to revive Wunder, according to reports.

Wunder was wearing a helmet at the time of the crash. Preliminary reports indicate Wunder died from head injuries but other forensic tests are still pending, sheriff's officials said Tuesday.

The crash is still under investigation by Valley County Sheriff’s deputies.

P
Mar 25, 2003
Ellensburg, WA
Linda was my very good friends wife. She was an accomplished rider and will be missed by many. I talked to her husband today, and understandably, there weren't many words said. He was trying to tell me about what happened, but couldn't get through it all. It happened 1/4 mile from Warren Wagon sno park on the way back to the truck. from the fuzzy details I got, they were traveling along pretty fast (as we all do on that groomed highway) , hit some soft mush on the side and launched into a tree. Besides head trauma, there were massive internal injuries, and in Rick's own words when he started compressions "it felt just like mush". Wouldn't want to go through that. My wife has been pretty shook up as this is a annual trip we have gone on together for many years, but for financial reasons, didn't go this year. She feels if we had gone maybe we would have gone a different route with a different outcome. Wouldn't have but everyone copes differently. Remember to ride safe and be careful.

Premium Features