• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Closed Thread

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
B
Apr 3, 2008
Billings Mt.
I agree. The new snowest stinks. How do you let Chris know. Should I open the window and scream, Yo Chris, why did you do that. Go back to the old system, Don't re- invent the wheel.

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
Ok. The reason why I closed it; is because there was nothing else to say on the topic. The sled is working excellent now. He did the work posted the out come. There is no more advice that can be given on the topic.
Anything else that would be added would be off topic. I asked the OP Owner if it was ok. He said that he didn't need it anymore since it is working.
If you are having a problem with your sled please do a search first and if nothing pops up post a thread.
I did leave the thread there so others could see what he had done to fix his.
If you have something usefule to add to the topic please let me know and I will reopen it.

ALSO, If you have a problem with a SUB-FORUM go to the MOD of that forum. Don't run around whining in other areas. It is just a waste of time. All you had to do was ask. I will reopen it no problem.
Thank you,

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
WHY do ALOT of MODS throw in caps here and there.they pissed or yelling or ????

J

JHG

Jan 29, 2008
Elizabeth, CO/Bozeman, MT
Do you not think that someone else might have a question about the fix or maybe experiencing a similar problem and want to elaborate on the current thread? Closing a thread because the original poster fixed his sled makes no sense. What's the harm in keeping it open?

A
Aug 7, 2009
Berthoud Colorado
Like I said above all you have to do is ask. I will reopen the thread so you can post in it.
Thank you.

Thread is now open. Please place your post.

As for this thread it is being moved.

It has nothing to do with anything sled related it will be moved to the feedback forum. Just in case some of you would like to comment on something a month from now.

Last edited:
A

Adrenaline Revolution

Nov 17, 2002
In the foothills of the Cascades
Ok. The reason why I closed it; is because there was nothing else to say on the topic. The sled is working excellent now. He did the work posted the out come. There is no more advice that can be given on the topic.
Anything else that would be added would be off topic. I asked the OP Owner if it was ok. He said that he didn't need it anymore since it is working.
If you are having a problem with your sled please do a search first and if nothing pops up post a thread.
I did leave the thread there so others could see what he had done to fix his.
If you have something usefule to add to the topic please let me know and I will reopen it.

ALSO, If you have a problem with a SUB-FORUM go to the MOD of that forum. Don't run around whining in other areas. It is just a waste of time. All you had to do was ask. I will reopen it no problem.
Thank you,

Like I said above all you have to do is ask. I will reopen the thread so you can post in it.
Thank you.

Thread is now open. Please place your post.

As for this thread it is being moved.

It has nothing to do with anything sled related it will be moved to the feedback forum. Just in case some of you would like to comment on something a month from now.
WOW...Now there is a level headed Moderator....:rolleyes:
A little power crazed if you ask me.

"The reason why I closed it; is because there was nothing else to say on the topic"
So say you

"There is no more advice that can be given on the topic."
again...your opinion

"If you have something usefule to add to the topic please let me know and I will reopen it".
"i HAVE THE POWER"

"Like I said above all you have to do is ask. I will reopen the thread so you can post in it".
AIN'T I AWESOME?

Me Me Me, I'm the new sheriff here...OBEY MY AUTHORIT-TIE

Really dude...take a look at yourself for f**k sake.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
AdRev said it clearly.

Mods need to quit trying to control how things go down here. Deleting or locking a thread is just going to upset users. We should not have to ask to have a legitimate topic unlocked or wonder why things get moved and deleted.

BigD had a behind the scenes approach and rarely meddled with other peoples posts. Maybe he could give a little seminar on how it is done for our newly anointed mods.

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
BigD had a behind the scenes approach and rarely meddled with other peoples posts. Maybe he could give a little seminar on how it is done for our newly anointed mods.

I think it is because he really didn't give a crap about the content or the forums. As long as the rules were followed and things didn't get out of control, he didn't care. Not that it was bad, it was actually good from a certain standpoint.... Some people maybe are trying a little too hard to improve the forums. Lots, I would imagine are learning a lot about what to do, what not to do, and what really makes the experience better for the user.

Don't worry guys, the mods aren't all professionals. :rolleyes: Some of them are just regular people, trying to help out a little bit. Wow, they don't do everything you want, in the manor which you want it? What?, They aren't perfect?

How about you big loud talkers give it a hand and become a mod? You guys seem to talk like you know the best about everything.. man up I say. Oh, you mean, that would involve doing some actual work instead of just complaining all the time? I am ready for all your reasons why you can't / won't do it... blah blah blah...

The biggest deterrent to me about this site, is you guys, constantly attacking the forum for every change, all the time. Maybe you guys should just go and not worry about it anymore. I mean, it seems like your little worlds are ending.

:mad: Rant just started.

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Guess it is just frustrating to have a bunch of threads and posts deleted for little to no reason.

Christopher doesn't seem to mind getting feedback and has thick enough skin to handle this bunch here. Some of the mods...not so much.

I am not interested in becoming a mod because I do not think we need this many. Nor do I agree with the actions of many. That would be like asking you, Ruffy , to join the conservative right so you could effect some change. Instead of "complaining" about their actions do your part and join up. ;)

ruffryder

Lifetime Membership
Aug 14, 2002
Guess it is just frustrating to have a bunch of threads and posts deleted for little to no reason.

Christopher doesn't seem to mind getting feedback and has thick enough skin to handle this bunch here. Some of the mods...not so much.

I am not interested in becoming a mod because I do not think we need this many. Nor do I agree with the actions of many. That would be like asking you, Ruffy , to join the conservative right so you could effect some change. Instead of "complaining" about their actions do your part and join up. ;)

I figured there would be an excuse in there somewhere...

And no, that would be like most people in the political section....

mmsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Preston, Idaho
hubsperformance.com
Future info

Sometime we use SW as a way to find and fix problems on our sleds. So as a SW member I will search and in post sometimes we can fix issue that we have that other people have found fixes to. Like just yesterday I found a post of an M1000 stuck in Rev every one was telling him to tear it apart and fix it when all he needed to do was lift the rear of sled and spin track with no load on it and it works fine now it is no long hung up in reverse. Now that tread I guarantee you will help some one out in future. So I prefer to leave them open.

But like the mod of the post said just send him a PM. That is one of the worst thing about this forum and being a mod is if you screw up you might just get attacked in public instead of one on one. Sometime we make bad judgment calls and if you just let us know we will fix them remember we are hear to help not to make a 6 figure income.

Thanks Kevin

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Couple things for all of you to ponder over.

All of those who are Moderators VOLUNTEERED to do so.
Every single person on the forums was invited, out of 33,000 only about 40 sent me a reply and offered to help.

Almost all of them have never been moderators before. They are LEARNING. All of them will make mistakes.

When you attack these guys, and flame them in public, should it come as any surprise at all, that they are going to try and defend themselves? If you have a legitimate concern, try just sending them a PM and asking them about it in private. Chances are VERY GOOD that your problem will be resolved in short order. Most of what I do on SW is in direct response to Private Messages that roll into my in-basket ALL DAY LONG.....

There are a small group of members on SnoWest that complain over and over and over again on the same things. Who simply will not let go of an issue, and want to beat it to death. Those same people are rapidly being classified by all of the moderators on the site as little more than PITAs. And they should not be surprised that when they finally come up with a legit beef, that no one listens to them because they have been crying Wolf for far to long.

Every single member of SnoWest is faced with one of 3 choices.

#1.
They can be an ASSET to the site and help it move forward, grow, improve and be all that it can be.

#2.
They can be invisible, read and use the contents, but not contribute in any meaningful way.

#3.
They can be an obstacle, liability and seek to hinder/thwart the site at every opportunity. Members of this last group will likely find themselves non-members in the very near future.

How does the old saying go.
LEAD
FOLLOW
or get the heck out of the way.

Last edited:

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
Funny thing is the "complainers" were just as active before the new changes they just had better things to talk about ;)

I see the private side of Snowest becoming more and more popular :(

A

Abominable

Dec 30, 2003
Evel Knievel jump site, ID
snowest.com
Couple things for all of you to ponder over.

All of those who are Moderators VOLUNTEERED to do so.
Every single person on the forums was invited, out of 33,000 only about 40 sent me a reply and offered to help.

Almost all of them have never been moderators before. They are LEARNING. All of them will make mistakes.

When you attack these guys, and flame them in public, should it come as any surprise at all, that they are going to try and defend themselves? If you have a legitimate concern, try just sending them a PM and asking them about it in private. Chances are VERY GOOD that your problem will be resolved in short order. Most of what I do on SW is in direct response to Private Messages that roll into my in-basket ALL DAY LONG.....

There are a small group of members on SnoWest that complain over and over and over again on the same things. Who simply will not let go of an issue, and want to beat it to death. Those same people are rapidly being classified by all of the moderators on the site as little more than PITAs. And they should not be surprised that when they finally come up with a legit beef, that no one listens to them because they have been crying Wolf for far to long.

Every single member of SnoWest is faced with one of 3 choices.

#1.
They can be an ASSET to the site and help it move forward, grow, improve and be all that it can be.

#2.
They can be invisible, read and use the contents, but not contribute in any meaningful way.

#3.
They can be an obstacle, liability and seek to hinder/thwart the site at every opportunity. Members of this last group will likely find themselves non-members in the very near future.

How does the old saying go.
LEAD
FOLLOW
or get the heck out of the way.

Some from this 1st group might appear in the form of criticizers and get mistakenly lumped into group 3, only because their criticism is dismissed as personal attacks or flaming and the value in the constructive criticism can't be grasped by small minded people not looking at the bigger picture.

I know you are trying to make the forums a better place christopher and that you believe the changes you are making are for the better, but not everyone shares your belief, and a few aren't shy about stating it. Those few should get the same breaks you ask the newly appointed moderators get - this is new to them too. Not often in the past (if ever) has someone needed to pm a mod because their thread was locked without a notice or explanation, so why should they know to do that instictively? My advice for moderators is bear with it and understand that there are going to be some growing pains and with that - criticism, don't take it personal - look at it objectively even if it is from someone you don't like or agree with.

"LEAD
FOLLOW
or get the heck out of the way."

Not a very tolerant attitude, is that really your leadership style? :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Premium Features