• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

enclosed trailer tips

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
You will need at least 2 batteries either 12 volt or six volt and you will need a rv battery charger that you plug in to 120v the truck wont keep them fully charged when driving.And I if you mount your furnace vertically you take up way less space than horizontally.Only sticks out six inches instead of a foot and a half like in the pictures.My trailer looks to have a higher roof though.This pic has my summer beer cooler still in it.
trailer005.jpg

Last edited:
S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
Anyone know where I can buy vents like those? I'm also looking for a 110v plug for the outside. We used to have one on an old race trailer, you opened up the cover and it had the three male prongs in a recessed area that would perfectly fit a Woodhead electrical connector.

Any suggestions on how to insulate the floor? Have been thinking about skinning the underside of the frame for an airspace and to run the furnace ducting out of the way, but trying to not add too much weight. Otherwise I would have to add heavier axles.

smwizzz

Lifetime Membership
May 6, 2008
Ft McMurray, AB
plugs

Look at marine plugs. They have a good selection of covered plugs. Same idea as you want. I did the same thing. Mounted mine under the trailer in the frame for protection. Just gotta run a cord. Also, I can't remember the name of the heater, but I think Continental Cargo was using them. Any way the heater mounts flat to the wall. It sticks out less than 6" and is about 2' square. It requires no power, just propane and the BTUH rating was good. If you want to circulate the air, put in a small 12v electric fan like the big rigs use and you will save a lot of battery hassels.

Anyone know where I can buy vents like those? I'm also looking for a 110v plug for the outside. We used to have one on an old race trailer, you opened up the cover and it had the three male prongs in a recessed area that would perfectly fit a Woodhead electrical connector.

Any suggestions on how to insulate the floor? Have been thinking about skinning the underside of the frame for an airspace and to run the furnace ducting out of the way, but trying to not add too much weight. Otherwise I would have to add heavier axles.

G

G_dub

Dec 14, 2008
Downtown Boise, ID
Left over cut outs from a Better Board install

Well last week I installed a set of better boards Was looking at the door of the trailer decided the no slip coating was good but when the door gets a decent layer of snow on it the no slip goes away and with the bed liner it gets slick so i screwed down the running board figured a little traction was a good idea.

1 st snow 015.jpg

G

G_dub

Dec 14, 2008
Downtown Boise, ID
Anyone know where I can buy vents like those

Those look like the pop out vents from a sleeper on a big truck. I would try a Pete, KW or Freightshaker dealer or a big truck salvage yard might even hit up their body shops and see if you can get some off a smashed up sleeper.

Greg

G

G_dub

Dec 14, 2008
Downtown Boise, ID
Few of my home built helmet racks. I can't afford the nice locking cabinets plus I figured if someone broke into the trailer I would rather have them take what they wanted than mess up a couple hundred bucks worth of cabinets trying to steal what's inside them. Ahh I love fabbing my own stuff. I have more pride in the over finished product when I'm done.

1 st snow 022.jpg 1 st snow 023.jpg 1 st snow 024.jpg 1 st snow 025.jpg 1 st snow 026.jpg 1 st snow 016.jpg 1 st snow 017.jpg

jsledder

Lifetime Membership
Jul 9, 2001
SD
www.outdoorsupplyonline.com
I went with a "Park model" Suburban 40k btu furnace. I chose the park model so I don't have to mess with setting up a seperate 12v system inside the trailer, will just have to have the generator running when I want heat.

What kind of fitting are you guys using to get the PVC connected at the furnace?

Still on the list of things to get... Pizza cooker and stereo.

T
Dec 30, 2008
Tetons
Rubber Flooring

I picked up a 26' Hallmark Car Hauler and now I need to buff it out. I am looking for some rubber flooring. It ranges from $3(1/4") to $7(1/2") per SF. Does anyone have any good recommendations on where to find some rubber?
Has anyone insulated their floors after buying the trailer? If so, how did you do it, and are you happy with the insulation? I suppose there are two choices: 1) spray foam under the trailer in the framing 2) lay blue board and install a false floor above (the wheel wells-would also allow floor storage). ANYONE?

Last edited:
M

MTdream

Nov 28, 2007
just installed some 4' ThinLite 12V Flourescents in the sled trailer...WOW!!!!!!! it is like daylight in there now!!!

will be awesome for working on the sleds!!! The trailer has a heater in it already (installed by Mirage) was toasty warm in minutes...first time I have used the heater, was nice!!

looking forward to the sled season...got to get the sled all put together, so some quality time in the trailer for me :)

S

Smoothlander

Dec 13, 2007
W.C. Minnesota
Has anyone found a better deal on a new Atwood 34k than about $510 shipped? Been watching e-bay but need to get started with the project soon.
Thanks

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
Finally got some pics of our trailer done and ready to go for the winter. Trailer is a United 18'+5' V-nose, 7' wide. We are using the 8" wide EZ Slides on the back door and interior of the trailer and the old style deep glides on the front door both vertically and horizontally. All of the baskets, toolbox and spare tire are Rubbermade tracking.

Exterior of trailer;
CIMG0456.jpg

Full Shot of the interior;
CIMG1243.jpg

Back Door;
CIMG1244.jpg

Ski-Bar & shovel/broom holder;
CIMG1245.jpg

Spare Tire rack (and frost lines:D);
CIMG1246.jpg

Front basket & Toolbox;
CIMG1247.jpg

Front Floor at V-nose;
CIMG1248.jpg

Front Door with deep ski-slides;
CIMG1251.jpg

And loaded with Two Renegades and a Phazer MTX. Lots of room to spare!
CIMG1260.jpg

R

robertyoke

Dec 26, 2007
colorado
hey I have done a few upgrades to my and other trailers. what have you done?

one inexpensive upgrade is to add cubical shelfs for storage. You know the kind that have the front door you lift and slide back across the top. bolt them on and add a plate to the top to kee stuff from falling out when you open them. they work great!

another is use tread mill belts to cover the gaps when the doors are openI hold them down with 2" aluminum strips keeps the snow out or at least its easy to remove.

DSC00812.jpg

here are some other upgrades, the best is the flurescent lighting (6 four foot lights) and electrical outlets. I do all the sled maintenance in the trailer. the next is the work table.

DSC00818.jpg

what are your upgrades?

are you a betting man? propane with a regulator next to a open flame heater and a charger.....dude thats a bomb. move that propane to the tounge..outside!

I installed a bar and pole in mine! The nice place to hang after a ride!

stripper pole.....sweet!

I went with a "Park model" Suburban 40k btu furnace. I chose the park model so I don't have to mess with setting up a seperate 12v system inside the trailer, will just have to have the generator running when I want heat.

What kind of fitting are you guys using to get the PVC connected at the furnace?

Still on the list of things to get... Pizza cooker and stereo.

you can get the twist in fittings for F.A. heaters from any good rv shop and 4 inch flexable ducting also..look for the cloth stuff if you can find it the aluminum foil isnt very strong.

Premium Features