• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

If you don't pay full price don't complain

B

boxster7614

Sep 20, 2008
I just saw this story on KSL news. Here is the link http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=5260188 It just make me so mad people are such cheap skates and buy a knock off chinese import and then when it breaks they complain. If you wan't all the saftey standards and a quality product then buy name brand. Not saying all these knock offs are bad...but you get what you pay for. You have to ask yourself , why is this model only $800 compaired to the $4000 name brand? I mean even the kids helmet was a knock off way to go dad. I think its fine if you buy these things and some of them are ok.....all power to you..... but understand when your buying a cheap knock off.....you have no right to complain.

SledGimp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 30, 2007
Heber, UT
I agree, besides my kid has a four wheeler and it dosn't go over about 18mph and he is almost 8 so what is this guy thinking putting his 6 year old on an atv that is not governed down. When my kid started riding he couldn't go over about 10 and I slowley added more power as he earned it, my understanding is this kid had never ridden before.

S
Nov 13, 2008
Northern Utah
similar experience

my brother bought a cheap pos chinesse bike and the second day he had it i was riding it and the throttle stuck wfo on me and sent me crashing into my porch.:mad:

F
Aug 5, 2001
Utah
I think if you buy anything it should hold up or you should take it back and complain. It forces companies, even from china to raise quality, little thing we call capitalism.
I have a chinese dune buggy and four wheeler and they are the last chinese garbage atvs I will EVER buy, complete and total garbage.

W
Jan 7, 2008
I have heard of guys buying these and taking them completly apart and puting them back together right when they buy them, just to know that it was assembled right, locktite bolts ect.

J

Jmx571

I would blame the dealer. I used to work on those they have the same carbs as the expensive ones. Don't get me wrong a name brand is better but who rides without checking the ATV first. I used to race motocross and was a mechanic for three years allot of problems like this come from people not checking equipment. I am the perfect example of that. didnt check my bike same problem as this quad cap came lose 3rd gear WOT Over a 50 ft triple. Missing part of my knee cap now.:D

BossRev

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2004
Pleasant Grove, Utah
It went down like this.

Dumb *** dad put his daughter who is uneducated and doesn't know how to ride,(not her fault) on the quad.

Dad say's push right hear to make it go. The daughter pins it and freak out and freeze's with the throttle pinned, straight into the neighbors garage.
Dad doesn't want to pay for the damaged garage. so he makes up this story about the throttle cable cap coming off. And calls the news.:rolleyes:

W

WXNic

Dec 8, 2007
bountiful
I think if you buy anything it should hold up or you should take it back and complain. It forces companies, even from china to raise quality, little thing we call capitalism.
I have a chinese dune buggy and four wheeler and they are the last chinese garbage atvs I will EVER buy, complete and total garbage.

Capitalism? We aren't using that system anymore!:D

J

Jmx571

:rolleyes::rolleyes: danm that was my idea:face-icon-small-hap
It went down like this.

Dumb *** dad put his daughter who is uneducated and doesn't know how to ride,(not her fault) on the quad.

Dad say's push right hear to make it go. The daughter pins it and freak out and freeze's with the throttle pinned, straight into the neighbors garage.
Dad doesn't want to pay for the damaged garage. so he makes up this story about the throttle cable cap coming off. And calls the news.:rolleyes:

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Buyer beware... Most china bikes are complete junk!
The cap should have not come off but did that really happen?
A guy at work here bought a full sized china quad and didn't even get one ride out of it before it broke... No replacement parts except the same junk parts that break.
Some of them do not have good brakes and some don't have properly working throttle cables etc.
If you value your kids life don't put them on china junk!
No way that girl hit the door at 30mph... I've never seen a china kids quad that goes that fast.

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
damn this thread makes me feel smrt;)

i would never buy a chinamen project and expect it to perform like the japs.....nor would i expect to make a dollar out of 15 cents because i got this 15 cents from walmart....its still 15 ***gin cents right!:D:beer;

Sidenote - WALMART is the biggest reason our country has been invaded with cheap throw away junk..we want cheaper stuff yet we complain about the cheap quality???

M
Jul 3, 2008
Utah
It's a pattern. The Chinese are trying to kill us all, including our pets.:D

Thats funny. It makes me think of these chinese characters that people have tatoo'd on themselves. They alwayse say that it means "true love", or "long life" or something like that. My question is; How do you know that is what it says? I think they all say "The only good white man is a dead white man". We don't know any different, and they are getting a good laugh out of it...

Premium Features