• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Perc reverse question??

fastlane

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
southern Minnesota
I am putting a 04 escape together with a 02 800 motor, I bought everything to put perc on it, changed out flywheels, harness, Etc.. My question is I bought the newer oil pump because I was told that the old ones(02) don't pump backwards and the newer ones do. the new oil pump would bolt right in but the oil line nipples run right into the recoil housing, I have found a couple newer (o4) recoil housings but they look the same as the one I have, the part number on the pump I bought matches a 04 with perc so according to my dealer thats right, but the recoil housings almost have to be different, just curious if any body else has run into this, and what they have done to correct the problem. Thanks Terry

rmkboxer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Bonney lake WA
the housings are the same, I have done several of these and have had no problems, maybe the oil pump is not correct, if you can post a picture of the pump and I will compare it to one of the pumps I have

R
Aug 30, 2008
Rocky Mountians
Here are the only pictures I have of the oil pump on my late 03 considered 04 edge 800.

Cabin20080172.jpg

Cabin2008040.jpg

fastlane

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2007
southern Minnesota
For some reason I can't get the pics to upload on here, but if you are looking at it straight from the recoil side two line nipples are pointing straight back into the recoil part of the housing then the other two have 90 deg nipples on the front side, I must have the wrong pump, it was in a bag that had been opened with the correct part number, I assumed it was the right part number pump, there is no way this pump will bolt on with out those nipples hitting the recoil, wonder what the pump I got is for? Well at least I know that I probably have the wrong pump. Thanks guys

Premium Features