• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Nikon SLR

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
I have a D50 SLR nikon camera.

Question:
The LCD viewer is black when I am taking pictures.
To be honest I don't use this camera very much, but it seems to me I used to be able to view an image in the LCD monitor prior to taking the picture.

now it remains black. I can review pics taken and such, but it won't show anything till after it is taken.

I can't find ANYTHING that says one way or the other if you are supposed to view prior to taking the pics or not.

Yea, it's a stupid question and I should know, but what the heck. I'm old and senile.:p

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
hmm, most DSLR's i've seen don't do that..... maybe you're thinking a point-and-shoot camera?

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
why bother with that anyways... just take a ton of pics and throw out the bad ones when you can see 'em on a nice computer screen :)

S

Supplicate

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Oct 4, 2005
Slowdotnuh
hmm, most DSLR's i've seen don't do that..... maybe you're thinking a point-and-shoot camera?
Thats what I'm thinking as well, I've never seen a DSLR that lets you view the image to be shot on the LCD since you need to look through the eyepiece to see information that will tell you how to adjust your camera for the best shot. Or just do like I do and leave it on a preset and shoot the hell out of it.

S
Jul 7, 2002
Central iowa
none of them do.thats because only the image sensor is digital. the rest of the camera is based on mostly original slr technology. so until that shutter goes you can only see through the top view finder.

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I don't think the D50 can do that. I know the new D300 can.

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Kind of what I thought, but for the life of me couldn't remember.
We only use this camera in the summer and that is only a couple months long.
I think I took it out 3 times last year.

Premium Features