• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Woodsrider Muffpot mount kits

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
Good to see you back Woodsrider.

I’m running 3 of the mounts on my Axys,all are mounted just after the y-pipe..I don’t use the belt holder so it’s super easy ping thru the side panel.

If anyone wants a pic let me knw and I’ll go snap one. It’s well worth the few bucks to lift the muffpot up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chriswelters

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2009
Ishpeming MI
Getting ready to install the muff pot on my 2019 axys. Does the muff pot get to hot resting on the pipe itself?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
Just sent him a pm about the mount a few days ago.. did you get his mount or how are u doing urs?

chriswelters

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2009
Ishpeming MI
Just sent him a pm about the mount a few days ago.. did you get his mount or how are u doing urs?
I was just going to toss it on the pipe. There has to be a issue of heat. Only reason they would raise it. I didnt surf to many threads.

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
From what I read it didnt allow good fitment, but the mount he made (sells for $18) makes it fit perfectly above silencer.

chriswelters

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2009
Ishpeming MI
Ah, maybe there is 2 different means for the mounting. I saw people also using it just after the y pipe. That's what I was referring to.

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Fitment of MuffPot

The exhaust pipe has a upward curve in the head pipe which leaves a gap under MuffPot mount plate.This void can cause plate MuffPot assembly to loosen damaging the finish on pipe might also damage sensor lead. It also slows down cooking time so it heats more than burns food. Access is more difficult than on the PRO (removal of center section cowling) but if you are willing to remove belt holder it is possible to snake pot out clutch pod door.

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska

Woodsrider

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Alaska
Soup

Yes it will. Had a friend fill his with butter and shrimp could smell he coming I was amazed it did not start a fire. PS I have heard oven bags can work but have not tried them.

Griff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yes it will. Had a friend fill his with butter and shrimp could smell he coming I was amazed it did not start a fire. PS I have heard oven bags can work but have not tried them.

There is a Forum member who sells 'oven' type bags made to fit your Muffpot. Foxyrmk is her forum name. Linda Batterton from Oregon. They are called Snacker Packers and work great.

guidoxpress

Lifetime Membership
Jul 13, 2008
Wasilla, AK from MT
I have 4 of the woodsrider kits all on Axys sleds (1 with turbo) and all have the muffpot on the end of the pipe near the y-pipe and love it. I don’t run the stupid belt holder cause it ruins the belt anyways so it’s perfect to access from the clutch side panel.

If you want more pics I can post them. It’s worth every penny. And it’s 1 man owned and operated by a great guy..even better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Colbymh

Lifetime Membership
Sep 1, 2018
Oregon
There is a Forum member who sells 'oven' type bags made to fit your Muffpot. Foxyrmk is her forum name. Linda Batterton from Oregon. They are called Snacker Packers and work great.

Her last activity is so old that she still shows a myspace page.. holy hell. Lol

Premium Features