• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2015 800 Summit X

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
What is it suppose to idle at, and how do you adjust it ? Mine seems to idle low 1200 rpm likes to die when switching to reverse

Lake Powell

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2016
Silt, Colorado
You should be replacing the plugs every year if you summerized the sled using the computer. That fouls the plugs and they don't really clean up even riding hard. Do not remember the gap but typically the NGK's come with the correct gap but you should always double check. Owner's manual will have that info. I have a 2015 154x with 5800 miles so far and always put in new plugs every year along with cleaning the rav valves at least every year but sometimes twice a year depending on miles ridden. Fuel filter every second year depending on fuel and I only run 91 non ethanol and use BG Super Charge every time which keeps the carbon down, fuel system clean, and moisture out of the fuel. Sled runs flawlessly until either plugs are bad or valves get sticky. Always blow clutches out every ride and disassemble every 500 miles to clean and inspect. Only had to replace the arms and ramps once so far but always the spring every year. My bet is the plugs will cure your problem.

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Never heard of fouled plugs after the summer storage before. I know I've never had a problem with any of mine before. If you buy the NGK plugs don't mess with the gap they come perfect

summit800

Lifetime Membership
Jul 29, 2001
Graham, wa.
Thanks I'll check all, I bought it as a total sled with a bent tunnel , only 2 rides on it , And 1200 miles

Carp

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
There was a software update for the sleds running rich more when cold if I remember. Might want to have that checked. Might cause it to stall when cold when hitting reverse. Also, put the 16 spark plugs in it.

Premium Features