• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

nytro oil pressure

B
Feb 15, 2010
Rocky Mtn House
Has anyone ever checked the oil pressure on a nytro. I know the book says 7.3 psi at 1400 rpm but i have checked mine right at the oil pressure sensor and on a cold startup in my garage it was at 70 lbs. Seems high. I have been pushing lots of oil through my turbo lately and think this might be the culprit. I measured the volume of oil coming through my line to my turbo with the restrictor in it andI got 300 ml in one minute.

B
Dec 18, 2007
How much oil is being returned? If you scavange pump is not doing the job you will build huge pressure in the turbo forcing oil out through the seals. I have seen a lot of people replace turbo cartridges thinking the seal is toast only to find a malfunctioning scavange pump causing the issues.

LL

B
Feb 15, 2010
Rocky Mtn House
The pump is brand new and working great. There are no restrictions in my return line back to the motor. I just thought that 70 psi seems high and wondered if anyone else has ever actually measured the press.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
In what book does it state 7.3 psi? 70 psi sounds like the proper engine oil pressure 7.3 psi would spin bearings instantly

Premium Features