• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

apex motor and 550f weight #s?

rmking700

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2014
Utah
Looking for some numbers to do some estimating on a few of my buddies and there builds on of them building a modded Xm with an apex motor. any one know the weight of one of these? Any rough weight estimates of one with turbo components? (I know it's a huge variation) the other building a mod rmk with 550f polaris motor for his kids. any one know the weight of one of these? Thanks

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
never weighed one but 115 lbs I find that hard to believe?!?!

1200 watercraft polaris based triple with waterpump recoil and clutch

cat 900 twin with carbs and motor mounts still bolted to it... I think the clutch was on it but cant say 100%

Last edited:

mattymac

Lifetime Membership
Apr 12, 2004
Sutter Ca.
I had a 550f out not to long ago for a complete rebuild and it felt much lighter than some of the big block twins ive pulled... never got an actual weight on it though! The fan, pullies and shrouds are bulky but only plastic and dont weigh much

Dec 21, 2008
I would really like to see pictures of that apex block in a xm

rmking700

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2014
Utah
He's using xm geometry in a tube chassis so its built to fit. The 550 is using pro frontend geometry with a t motion in the back. Its been bored and ported and a few other things. I think he will be on it more. Than his son

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
He's using xm geometry in a tube chassis so its built to fit. The 550 is using pro frontend geometry with a t motion in the back. Its been bored and ported and a few other things. I think he will be on it more. Than his son

Using xm geometry huh?
Building a lake racer?

Interesting for sure.

Premium Features