• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

custom steering set ups

P
Oct 1, 2014
Build a few things up on my 98 rmk for a little project this year. Wanting to move the post forward while I'm at it any one ever put a u joint in there column? If I was to do this I could move it forward about 5 inches from where it sits now I used to use this all the time on my derby cars but not sure how well it would work on a sled. My second thought was to make an over the engine brace and a vert post with a drag link going back to the old post like the pro style but going back not forward with the drag link but wasn't sure if that would be to much pressure with all the links. If anyone has any other ideas or experience with this kind of stuff it would be appreciated if I. Was to do option two the column would come up where my gauges and headlight was

K

Kennyspec

Feb 6, 2010
The fusions came with a u joint in the post I used one on my nytro the post just needs to be mounted in three spots if you use a u joint

M

mike_s

Jan 19, 2012
Ashton, Idaho
Yes, the IQ chassis with rider select steering have u-joints, however they are a 1" shaft rather than 7/8". That could cause some complications if you use one from that application. Friends of mine used one in their cat build allot like you're wanting to do though. Worked out great.

Sent From God Knows Where...

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
just moving the post that far makes your foot placement feel a little funny, kinda like your leaning forward all day. it can be done ive done a couple different posts but I also take as much as I can out of the foot well, it might only add up to an inch but every little bit helps

Idcatman3

MODERATOR: Premium Member
Staff member
Nov 26, 2007
Idaho Falls, Idaho
I'm the guy mike_s is talking about, here is ours that we did:
2013-01-26_16-33-25_38_zpsefd4bf7c.jpg

rmking700

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2014
Utah
Thanks guys did the best rider forward upgrade I could and trade it in for a 2012 pro yesterday got it for a decent deal I think! Not under phazer25 any more it wouldn't let me upgrade my account

Premium Features