• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Need some help dealing with lexan

C
Nov 18, 2013
Plains MT
I picked up some Lexan side panels and hood for my daughters 06 summit. But they didn't come with the hinges for the side panels.

I have not been able to find any hinges anywhere so what I was thinking of doing was cutting the hinge tabs off of the old plastic panels and then gluing and riveting them onto the Lexan panels.

Anyone know what type of glue or epoxy that will work?

I wouldn't mess with this except my daughter has fallen in love with the look of the new side panels plus it will take some weight off of her sled.

J

jskattum606

Dec 3, 2007
Bozeman, MT
I had some br tech ones a long time ago and just ended up putting rubber hood snubbers on there to hold them on. Then when you undo them the whole pannel just slips off

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I had some br tech ones a long time ago and just ended up putting rubber hood snubbers on there to hold them on. Then when you undo them the whole pannel just slips off

If this option would work for you, I have about half a dozen of the nice Holz ones that he used to sell back in the EDGE chassis days. New in Package.

As for a glue? I know they have stuff for lexan to lexan (I.E. fish tanks, display cases, aquriums, etc.) but I'm clueless as far as Lexan to HDPE? (my best guess as the the stock panel composition)

Last edited:
Premium Features