• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Supercharged Nypro

C
Sep 2, 2014
Milbank, SD
Looking into jumping on the bandwagon and put a nytro motor into a pro rmk. I love they way the pro's ride but just to underpowered after riding Yamaha's.
Just thought I'd start a thread for some ideas. I have 2008 nytro mtx motor with a 280hp mpi supercharger on it. Looking to put it in a 2011 pro rmk. I have seen multiple builds where they use polaris secondary clutch and gear case. I'm not sure if they can handle a nytro motor. Any sugjustions to use a Yamaha secondary clutch? Was also thinking of switching to a belt drive kit if that would handle the power better. Just looking for some other opinions. Thanks

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
the secondary is fine, its a team unit and should handle the power without issue. The drive chaincase you may want to upgrade the chain if an option exists, but again, fairly strong stuff, just needs more upkeep with all the power, the biggest thing you will need is some major bracing up front as 280hp kit will tear that poor chassis apart compared to the stock 143hp @ sea level.

C
Sep 2, 2014
Milbank, SD
Ok thanks. I plan to modify the bulk head to handle the extra weight/power. But i also will probably never run the full 280hp. It will prob be set around the 220hp with 50/50 race gas mix, but there is always those times when its fun to turn it up so i hope the chassis will hold together for that. I am also thinking i will end up going with an aftermarket belt drive kit instead of the chain case. I think i will end up mating the yamaha and polaris jackshaft to use the yamaha clutch since i have that already sprung and different helix for that motor.

Premium Features