• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

FINALLY: COMPLETE, REASONABLY PRICED, "KIT" FOR LORDS ADHESIVE AND AN ALTERNATIVE

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
FINALLY: COMPLETE, REASONABLY PRICED, "KIT" FOR LORDS ADHESIVE AND AN ALTERNATIVE

I've been trying for a quite some time to find a good source for the Lord 406-19GB adhesive for use in our sleds.

EDIT: Look at second post for alternative if you dont want to go with this or need some possibly faster (depends on local sources)

Repairs or replacements of the chaincases, installation of bulkhead repairs, running boards, chassis/tunnel braces... lots of places to use this stuff.

You would think that it would be easy to put this together... but not:face-icon-small-dis

I contacted all suppliers from McMaster Carr, to Elsworth, to MSC and other companies... no luck... either they were not willing to sell to the "open public" without setting up an account or they did not Stock the GB formulation.. or they only had the large/expensive tubes.

The problem has always been trying to find ONE source for the 406-19GB, the tips and the Gun or adapter without it breaking the bank or needing to be an industrial fabricator to buy the stuff. You could always get it through your dealer... but the cost is pretty high (ask Phatty :face-icon-small-win)

I've been talking to the people at Chemical Concepts in Huntington Valley, PA for the last week or so about putting together this package so that it is afordable and easy to buy.

We came up with two different packages

1) # SM1 Kit includes (1ea) tube 406/19GB (1ea) caulk adapter kit (4ea) mixing nozzles $30.00ea

2) # SM2 Kit includes (1ea) LP50 gun (1ea) tube 406/19GB (4ea) mix tips $65.00ea

Option Extra tubes of 406/19GB $22.50.00ea EDITED PRICE EFFECTIVE 1/5/2018 by Turbolover

Option Extra mix tips $1.00ea

The difference in the kit prices is that one includes a caulk cun adapter/plunger so you can use it in a standard caulking gun.. and the other is a dedicated application gun.

For the adhesive... you have the choice of Gray or Olive-green... both are the same specs. If they are out of the gray... get the green if the color is not an issue.

They will take credit cards over the phone and I'm working with them for non-commercial accounts to be able to buy this stuff from an easy web-page.

Shipping is UPS only. (no USPS priority, sorry AK and Canadian peeps)

You can call them directly and tell them that you want to order the "Lord snowmobile adhesive" and give them the kit number and extra tubes/tips you may need.

You will notice that "our" price is a couple of $ more than the wholesale price... this is for the time/effort to sell this to "non trade" accounts ... open-public sales... without the need to set up an account.

http://www.chemical-concepts.com/lord-406-19gb-gray-4-1-lord-pak-50-9885.html

//www.snowest.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=231905

For the dealers out there... or people with needs for larger amounts... they will discount case prices of the cartridges/tips

Also they have the larger 375ml size of the 406-19GB available (about 6 times larger)

Lord 406/19GB gray 375ml cartridge $50.00ea

375ml 4 to 1 dispense gun $75.00

Mix tips for 375ml cartridge $1.50ea

You will have to buy the expensive gun but could save on the adhesive.

1-800-220-1966 M-F 8:30am - 5:00pm EST
logo.jpg

OH... And before I get any "heat" from some :face-icon-small-sho

I am not affilliated with Chemical-Concepts in ANY way...I do not receive ANY product or compensation of any form nor any discounts on products... I invested my OWN time and effort into putting this together as a favor to our readers... nothing more. :yo:

Attachments

• Chem Concepts lord kit.jpg
    Chem Concepts lord kit.jpg
    342.6 KB · Views: 6,251
Last edited by a moderator:

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
406 Alternative

Well... Thanks to a great "Heads up" from Thu Man on the forums here... I gave Lord Adhesives a call
and talked to an application engineer for about 40 minutes.

Seems that there is an alternative to the 406-19GB.

I also found out why the 406-19GB has been so illusive for consumers to buy.
Heck... the Fusor products are avaiable through Amazon and Ebay too!

Price is similar for both products (406 compared to Fusor) in the 50 ml size... BUT the larger sizes of the adhesives... the 406 gets the nod for
price as large size in the Fusor is 225ml and the 406 is 375ml (over 50% more at the same price in the 406)
... both are in the $50 ballpark price in the larger sizes. They both use different plugers (4:1 compared to 2:1)

Most local body shop supply stores have or can get the Fusor products whereas the 406-19GB must be
ordered through an industrial supplier.

Lord also makes their Fusor Metal bonding adhesives that are Methacrillate composition.

It seems that the Fusor 108B/109B, 110B/111B, 112B/113B adhesives are for job shops
and the 400 series are intended for the OEM.

They both, 400 and Fusor series, share the same base Acrylic material..they both use the 400 series base...
but they have different catalysts.

Both are available in "GB" (glass bead) formulations so they are less prone to sagging... the Fusor is more consumer-friendly
in terms of having longer open-times to assemble the product... with the 112B/113B up to 70 min

It seems that the Fusor must have a good cleaning and wipe to it... where the 406 is more tollerant of mill oils
and residue on the surface of the metal.

I did find out from the application engineer at Lord that both are compatible with application on Powder coated items
and/or without abrasion BUT...both would benefit greatly from removal of the pow coat in the bond area and abrasion.

See this link for the package of the 406 ... your local body shop can get the Fusor line.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328615

I'm working on gathering info on any comparible 3M products IF available and truly comparible. :yo:

The Chart below will describe the differnt part numbers/sizes and cure times.

picture.php

Last edited:

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
My main man Eric!:face-icon-small-coo

We are very fortunate to have you on board here.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
Just ordered me some. Lady was very nice and knew exactly what I was after when I told her I was needing the Snowest Deal.

Thanks a bunch Eric!

Sent from my A200 using Tapatalk 2

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
I'm glad to hear it comes in gray and green. The stuff I used on my sled this summer was green, and I was thinking "this stuff ain't like the rest of the stuff on the sled, must be no good or old" Relief knowing my sled will stay together.

Thanks again Eric for all you do for all of us!

B

Bull

Jan 20, 2004
colorado
stuff works like a champ. last year a buddy's rev took a t-post into the belly, piercing the heat exchanger right in front of the track. as i rode by, it looked like an alien had been wounded....lots of florescent green snow. anyway, after a ten mile tow in, it was time for the repair. used the lord's to glue a patch, part of which needed to be done on the first "fin". worked awesome. great to have some on standby :beer;

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
Just make sure you have them CONFIRM that they have the product in stock. I ordered some on the 1st of February, late in the day on Friday. They said it would ship out Monday and to expect to see it in 5-7 business days. I waited til the 12th and when it still hadn't arrived I gave them a call. They then tell me that they were out of stock and it was shipping out that day (the 12th). Needless to say I have a rental that's already been down two weeks and this company just cost me another week of down time.:mad2: I understand a company not having product, but it is unacceptable to tell a customer that a product is in stock and it will ship out and then leave them hanging for a 10 days!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
Adam,

Check out this thread with an alternative to the 406 that may be avail locally and get you back up an on the snow making $$ .

Most body shop supply houses have this in stock or can get it in a day through regional distributors.

May make more sense for a rental fleet.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334044

They should have called you on that Monday and told you... Typical of many places today ... from Dodge/Fomoco/GM to parts for a S&W... ordering can be an PITA.

Well... Thanks to a great "Heads up" from Thu Man on the forums here... I gave Lord Adhesives a call
and talked to an application engineer for about 40 minutes.

Seems that there is an alternative to the 406-19GB.

I also found out why the 406-19GB has been so illusive for consumers to buy.
Heck... the Fusor products are avaiable through Amazon and Ebay too!

Price is similar for both products (406 compared to Fusor) in the 50 ml size... BUT the larger sizes of the adhesives... the 406 gets the nod for
price as large size in the Fusor is 225ml and the 406 is 375ml (over 50% more at the same price in the 406)
... both are in the $50 ballpark price in the larger sizes. They both use different plugers (4:1 compared to 2:1)

Most local body shop supply stores have or can get the Fusor products whereas the 406-19GB must be
ordered through an industrial supplier.

Lord also makes their Fusor Metal bonding adhesives that are Methacrillate composition.

It seems that the Fusor 108B/109B, 110B/111B, 112B/113B adhesives are for job shops
and the 400 series are intended for the OEM.

They both, 400 and Fusor series, share the same base Acrylic material..they both use the 400 series base...
but they have different catalysts.

Both are available in "GB" (glass bead) formulations so they are less prone to sagging... the Fusor is more consumer-friendly
in terms of having longer open-times to assemble the product... with the 112B/113B up to 70 min

It seems that the Fusor must have a good cleaning and wipe to it... where the 406 is more tollerant of mill oils
and residue on the surface of the metal.

I did find out from the application engineer at Lord that both are compatible with application on Powder coated items
and/or without abrasion BUT...both would benefit greatly from removal of the pow coat in the bond area and abrasion.

See this link for the package of the 406 ... your local body shop can get the Fusor line.
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328615

I'm working on gathering info on any comparible 3M products IF available and truly comparible.

The Chart below will describe the differnt part numbers/sizes and cure times.

picture.php

Last edited:

mtnpull

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Heber City, Utah
www.uintarecreation.com
Thanks for the info MH. I found a dealer a state away that had it in stock and shipped it out to me. Got it today. Looks like tomorrow I will be building back up a Pro 800! I will give props to Steamboat Powersports. They had it in stock and sold it to me for a reasonable price considering they are not my primary dealer and are under no obligation to discount for me. If you are in the area and need some help, I was very pleased with the level of service I got from them.

:cheer2:Steamboat Powersports.:cheer2:

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Can someone give me an idea on coverage. I'm in Alaska and the hazardous waste shipping is the killer. I have three complete sleds to assemble and want to try and get it all in one shot. My quick math says a 50ml cartridge at 1/4mm / 0.01" (recommended application thickness) thick should cover about 2,000 square cm / 310 square inches.

I'm thinking ~12 50ml cartridges, 50 mixing nozzles, and the SM2 kit. Any input?

I can get the equivalent Fusor under the Martin Senour name at the local Napa for about $28 a cartridge with my corporate discount and avoid the hazardous shipping fees altogether which is looking like a better option at the moment. They have 9 in the Anchorage warehouse that can be here tomorrow so that is how I intend to proceed unless someone raises a flag.

I
Nov 26, 2007
Can someone give me an idea on coverage. I'm in Alaska and the hazardous waste shipping is the killer. I have three complete sleds to assemble and want to try and get it all in one shot. My quick math says a 50ml cartridge at 1/4mm / 0.01" (recommended application thickness) thick should cover about 2,000 square cm / 310 square inches.

I'm thinking ~12 50ml cartridges, 50 mixing nozzles, and the SM2 kit. Any input?

I can get the equivalent Fusor under the Martin Senour name at the local Napa for about $28 a cartridge with my corporate discount and avoid the hazardous shipping fees altogether which is looking like a better option at the moment. They have 9 in the Anchorage warehouse that can be here tomorrow so that is how I intend to proceed unless someone raises a flag.

I ordered a kit from the above supplier and was not charged a hazardous material fee.

Premium Features