• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Our Forum Has Shrunk

MORSNO

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Eagle River, Alaska
Is anyone else pissed that Harris Publishing shrunk our forum to sell advertisement space? Sure makes viewing the forums on a laptop or other small screen a pain in the a$$. Like that Polaris ad had to be a large invasive square instead of the slim rectangle ad that has been on the right side for years. There is plenty of wasted white space that could have been used.

Here is what Christopher posted in the Suggestions and User Feedback area a week ago.

Got a final answer from Harris Publishing.

One of the 4 sled manufacturers has contracted with them for that new space, thats the reason they changed the dimensions of it.

They have something planned for it and they have not yet provided the artwork to Harris Publishing to upload and replace the static ad for the SnoWest Picture of the Week.

Sometime in the next week or two we will find out whats going to be living there.

Proud rider of "Nytrocity" a 2010 Yamaha Nytro MTX 162 SE

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
send them an email...post up on their facebook

hey it worked for the Verizon fee?

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
They are definatley kicking themselves in the a$$! I shouldn't have to download adblockers for a sight I pay premium memberships for. Idiots

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I only have a 14" laptop screen. Not sure what I'm missing here, but I can see everything just as good as a 20" screen. Companies sell advertising space. BFD! How many other sites have stupid s**t that pops up RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE of the whole screen on every page you go to that you have to close to see what you originally came for. Time is money. Space is money. Companies want to make money. I don't see anything about that changing anytime soon.

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I think the frustration is premium members were told the larger ads would not be there if they paid up to offset the costs...that was done and now the ads are creaping back in?

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
new add = supercharger.a add on the left side might even out the page

Last edited:

Racer220

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
43.463558, -110.762496
I think the frustration is premium members were told the larger ads would not be there if they paid up to offset the costs...that was done and now the ads are creaping back in?

You're probably right, and that's a valid point. I've honestly never read into the details of what Premium Member benefits were other than 'digital copies of mags' 'unlimited post views' and a few other things. I enjoy the benefits that I utilize as a paid member, but agree that if things were offered to Premium Members, such as fewer/smaller ads showing up, then that should be honored by the site admins. On the other hand, for $10 a year I just can't find a way to get that worked up over it either. $10 barely covers about 1-2 trips to McD's by myself, but 9 times out of 10 they still figure out a way to screw my order up after I've paid for what I thought I was getting lol. It's all in perspective I guess.

S
Jun 11, 2006
Graham, Wa
Is anyone else pissed that Harris Publishing shrunk our forum to sell advertisement space? Sure makes viewing the forums on a laptop or other small screen a pain in the a$$. Like that Polaris ad had to be a large invasive square instead of the slim rectangle ad that has been on the right side for years. There is plenty of wasted white space that could have been used.

Here is what Christopher posted in the Suggestions and User Feedback area a week ago.

Got a final answer from Harris Publishing.

One of the 4 sled manufacturers has contracted with them for that new space, thats the reason they changed the dimensions of it.

They have something planned for it and they have not yet provided the artwork to Harris Publishing to upload and replace the static ad for the SnoWest Picture of the Week.

Sometime in the next week or two we will find out whats going to be living there.

Proud rider of "Nytrocity" a 2010 Yamaha Nytro MTX 162 SE

im on snowest on my iphone most the time and i dont ever have a problem... its way smaller than a laptop screen....

shelbwyo

Lifetime Membership
Jun 29, 2010
Sheridan, Wyo
I thought the same about less ads... Been looking around on an iPad here recently and that is worse than a laptop.

Premium Features