• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Post your sled for 2011/2012 season.

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
Been laying in the weeds. Ive been watching your build waiting to see what you come up with. Love the seat tank combo. Looks good. That motor loves the mountains!!!!!! Ive been running a camo 156x2x15 since its birth. This year it got a new track. 162x16x2.3

Gearing was just over 2.1 to 1 (40-19)

Clutching is always changing, I ran a button then a roller and now im back to a button With all the good stuff. Shifts awesome.

Keep goin ill bewatching.

PS. I took over 80 pounds off the sled. Lots of weight can be lost.

Ive ridden every chassis after the gen 2 and would not change with them for a second.

Until the pro chassis !!!!! can i fit that tripple in there?

Good luck

162 X 16 X 2.3 should really rip. This engine loves big lug tracks. I take it you don't run the strip coolers in the tunnel. Do you run a U cooler in the rear at all?

I have no strip coolers, but I have the running board coolers still, and the Front cooler.

Im running a button also, you cant beat it. I also have reverse. I think this sled is running 19/39 gears. The only 2 options with reverse was a 39 and a 40 gear.

I have lots of weight to loose on mine... Got a set of HOLZ trailing arms in the mail today. Those should help A LOT. Both together are only 11 LBS. Holz skid will be going in the rear as well here very soon. that should loose lots of weight there. The seat tank combo lost a considerable amount of weight too still not 80 lbs like yours though. I have a fiberglass hood I could use, but its a little rough. Not sure if I will run it or not.

Im going with a 6-8 inch riser on mine Not sure what to do with the bars. I have a set of Pro XR bars I might run for a while on it. until I can decide what I want to do long term.

As for my build, every time I need a little inspiration I just look up some pictures of your sled and it gets me motivated again.

As for the XCR / Pro I dont think it will fit. Brad at power addiction looked into it and I dont think could get it to fit.

However this beauty the XCR/ IQ was constructed this year. I really like the IQ chassis. It works very well.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256367&highlight=XCR+IQ

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Here's my ride,

2012 Assault

_DSC1125.jpg

_DSC1126.jpg

_DSC1133.jpg

treetopflyer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2007
162 X 16 X 2.3 should really rip. This engine loves big lug tracks. I take it you don't run the strip coolers in the tunnel. Do you run a U cooler in the rear at all?

I have no strip coolers, but I have the running board coolers still, and the Front cooler.

Im running a button also, you cant beat it. I also have reverse. I think this sled is running 19/39 gears. The only 2 options with reverse was a 39 and a 40 gear.

I have lots of weight to loose on mine... Got a set of HOLZ trailing arms in the mail today. Those should help A LOT. Both together are only 11 LBS. Holz skid will be going in the rear as well here very soon. that should loose lots of weight there. The seat tank combo lost a considerable amount of weight too still not 80 lbs like yours though. I have a fiberglass hood I could use, but its a little rough. Not sure if I will run it or not.

Im going with a 6-8 inch riser on mine Not sure what to do with the bars. I have a set of Pro XR bars I might run for a while on it. until I can decide what I want to do long term.

As for my build, every time I need a little inspiration I just look up some pictures of your sled and it gets me motivated again.

As for the XCR / Pro I dont think it will fit. Brad at power addiction looked into it and I dont think could get it to fit.

However this beauty the XCR/ IQ was constructed this year. I really like the IQ chassis. It works very well.

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256367&highlight=XCR+IQ

I took all the cooling out of the tunnel. It saved 7 pounds with the coolant. Never had a cooling issue ever. Have the cooler up front and the running boards.

I used a set of fabcraft bars and just love em. Put them on 3 other sleds.

I always wanted to put a reverse kit in but was always concerned about it grenadeing the chain case.

Didnt really realize the lack of aftermarket parts for these sleds till i looked into it recently. They stopped making almost everything!!!!!

Theres a ton of weight to be lost in the hood, headlight pod and gauges. Try to find a mesh hood and loose 20+ pounds

X

X2Freeride

Jan 25, 2009
I took all the cooling out of the tunnel. It saved 7 pounds with the coolant. Never had a cooling issue ever. Have the cooler up front and the running boards.

I used a set of fabcraft bars and just love em. Put them on 3 other sleds.

I always wanted to put a reverse kit in but was always concerned about it grenadeing the chain case.

Didnt really realize the lack of aftermarket parts for these sleds till i looked into it recently. They stopped making almost everything!!!!!

Theres a ton of weight to be lost in the hood, headlight pod and gauges. Try to find a mesh hood and loose 20+ pounds

Yeah my tunnel has no cooling strips either, Just running the front cooler and the running board coolers. So Im with ya there. I think I will just run a set of scratchers and not worry about it.

These reverse kits are pretty tough. I have had several on 800 twins and never had an issue with any of them. They seem to last through some abuse and really dont add too much weigh maybe a 3-5 lbs at most.

I will have to look to see if Fabcraft still makes those bars, they are pretty nice. How big is your riser? I was thinking at least 6 inches on mine. I wish I could find a stock height fabcraft steering post.... WITH the stock bends. I really dont want to run pod filters.

I will have to look into an aftermarket hood. I do need headlights, but I could use something similar to what you did. I like that idea. It looks like it would work pretty well, I dont ride too much at night, but I do ride some.

all I really need is a tach anyway. The rest of the gauges are whatever to me. I dont care how fast im going.

Your right there are next to no aftermarket parts being made for these sleds anymore. Which is really sad, because the Gen 2 really is a great platform. In some ways its better than the edge.

Last edited:
C

cbc24

Nov 26, 2007
gp
damn who's are are those ? i want a new sled sooo bad

anyways heres my hog, gonna paint the exhaust yet, heres my repairs on my tunnel, i bent the running boards back up with an anvil and several 2x4's.
Then i dragged the parts sled over an drilled out all the rivets holding the tunnel supports, Then i purchased duplicolor sandable primer, primer sealant and semi gloss paint.

before:
p4pb7244549.jpg

p4pb7244550.jpg

primer
p4pb7244551.jpg

sealer
p4pb7244560.jpg

touchups
p4pb7244563.jpg

semi gloss
p4pb7244571.jpg

just needs cleaning
p4pb7244581.jpg

p4pb7244587.jpg

wrtmani

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kalispell, Mt
I wouldn't necessarily say that I'm stuck with my ol 7...in fact I'm looking forward to taking the ol girl out.

Started out the season looking pretty average. Whipped up a homebrew 2 wheel kit. Then I pulled the dash assembly off and threw on a plate to cover the holes in the head. For this season need to figure out a little better intake system. The florites work well but get plugged pretty easy.

Might I ask how you did the 2-wheel mod--looks real clean, might want to do this on my XLT.

M
Nov 3, 2008
Monroe,WA
Still riding my slightly modded "99, going back to a kinda stock (lightened) hood so I can run the stock head light and pulling the twins / going back to a single. I cant out climb any of the new sleds so its time for just having a good time.

HPIM2250.jpg HPIM2268.jpg HPIM1014.jpg

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
wrtmani: sorry for the delayed response buddy, life got hectic on me. The 2 wheel mod was really pretty easy. Took the entire assembly apart, the spacer that separates the wheels we cut down to allow them to sit on the insides of the rails. We also cut down the axle itself, I want to say it was about the width of the bearing in the wheels. This allowed the tension blocks to ride on the rails themselves. Before assembling and before cutting the axle we took the it to the drill press and very very carefully bored the bolt hole deeper, and ran a tap that matches the thread down in. Reassemble and you're good to go. If you have any other questions just shoot me a PM!

S
Jan 5, 2010
Here is a pic from a while ago and some pics of it now. Until recently I was living in the flatlands and only got back to the mountains a couple times a year so my sled got ridden hard a couple times then neglected. Now I finally am back in the west and have a shop so I am tearing into it, cleaning and fixing.

DSCF0026.jpg DSCF0005.jpg DSCF0006.jpg DSCF0007.jpg

Premium Features