• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New memeber

J
Oct 22, 2009
Methuen, Ma
Hi, I just wanted to take a minute and introduce myself. My name is Jay and I live in Massachusetts. I grew up sledding but got out of it in my later teen years and have always wanted to get back into it- The fondest memories I have are going snowmobiling with my dad as a child. Of course I would love to buy a brand new sled something along the lines of that Ski Doo 800R but finances wont permit that so I am interested in a Yamaha SRX 700 98-02. I joined here to cruise the forums, ask advice and get insight on the sleds, common problems etc. I am sure I will have a million questions- Thanks Guys!!!! Any Info on the SRX would be appreciated and I will take it from there

hi there jay-s. I am new on here also ..so hi and welcome.As for looking for an SRX,I have a 2002 SRX700 and just love the sled.The only thing you have to do is re-jet it to 2001 specs.This model has the DCS system on board which warns you if you are in denotation mode,it will save your motor.My SRX runs like a clock,DCS rarely flashes at all.Keep your clutches up to parr,maintain your suspension,clean your carbs properly and the sled will treat you right.Last year mine was running awesome,no problem to bury the needle on her,love the acceleration of it .Run premium fuel(good stuff),keep power valves clean and you are in for a lot of fun.Not bad for a nearly 8 year old sled that didn,t cost me $16,000.I keep mine in mint shape and will never ever get rid of it.

002.jpg

Premium Features