• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bought a retro sled, Enticer 340.

D

Dimebag

Mar 11, 2009
Hi,

I just bought a farm sled, a 1983 ( i believe) Yamaha Enticer 340.
I got it dirt cheap from a guy in the family. And i figured it would be a shame to let a diamond like this dissapear out of the family.

First, does anyone know the size of the rear idler wheels? He lost one of them in a blizzard many years ago when it was used the last time.

Also, anything i should check to keep it in good shape?

I bought it to have a backup / retro sled. I don't think it will be used very much. But its good to have a sled ready when i blow the engine on my main-sled. Nothing is worse than not getting out in the shiny easter weather you know. :D

S
Dec 27, 2007
Aberdeen, SD
I had a 340 enticer for many years. It was a great pull and go sled. It even worked pretty good in the deep stuff for it's size. The only problem I ever had was carb icing. This only happened in extreme cold, with powder snow. You just needed to warm the carb a little and you were good to go. When iced it would act way rich. This old sled is still being run by the third owner! Can't help you on the wheel size.

F
Sep 1, 2008
HAVRE,MT
If you have access to a dennis kirk book or via internet- That might help you.
Check the clutchs and belts-clean them well/ even throw them in the dish washer (for real) does them good- check the plugs-replace if needed- buy some good gas at first.
you then should be good to go

D

Dimebag

Mar 11, 2009
I am picking it up this weekend. Have to see if i keep it, or sell it.
There would be great to have a backup sled, but im not sure if this one qualifies for the title :p

Premium Features