• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Mountain Max setups

N
Jul 25, 2008
Looking for some info on good setups for my max. The only thing i have done is i bought 156 MPI rails for it. Looking for some good tips and ideas to make it rip. Didnt know if i should get a team secondary, v-force reeds, or maybe some different clutch weights. Just wanted some opions from guys who have tried some of these things. Thanks Kyle

M
Nov 26, 2007
What year is it?
I would assume it's a 700?
What elevation?

Bender or Power Inc End dump triple pipes
Gear it down
46-42 helix

C
Sep 18, 2003
Keenesburg CO
Get a set of pipes, mine has Benders and happy with it. For clutching, best deal is to call Tom Hartman and tell him what you have and run his clutching, he'll be pretty darn close if he has a setup for what you have as far as pipes etc. Get front skis if you have the stock Yamaha, that alone is a big difference on handling in deep snow.

As far as supsension, best way to ditch some weight is ditch the Yamaha skid, stick a Polaris ultra-lite or a Mountain Cat skid under it, I'm not kidding when I say you will drop 15-20 pounds.

M
Nov 26, 2007
http://www.zenitram-inc.com/Manuals/MM700TU2.jpg

http://www.zenitram-inc.com/Manuals/MM700TU1.jpg

Here is the stock info out of the service manual. CLutching is more of what you like, one set up is not for everyone. I would use the chart, and add/remove rivets(weight) from the primary. To get a set up you like.

What I would do
Regear it for the longer track. I would take one tooth of the top gear.
Using stock springs in both primary and secondary.(if the springs are old/have alot of miles on them. Replace with new, it is a cheap thing to do)
With a 70 degree wrap on the secondary spring
Install a 46-42 dual angle helix. IMHO, makes a huge difference.
Alum 10.3 and Alum 10.3 outter rivets in the primary weights.

Install the mountain performance Transfer enhancement kit for the rear skid.
Get a set of the Mountain Nytro or Mountain Apex skis

Last edited:
I

itsadrug

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]The most impressive modifications I made to my Mountain Max were compression and pipes. The MM is seriously low on compression stock. Yamaha played it safe and the motors run forever but..... Power Inc pipes and a Peak Performance billet head and you will feel an amazing difference in power and throttle response. And then work on the weight. If you want to side hill you will need an after market tunnel. The tunnel is worth much more on a side hill than you will pay for it. You will lose a lot of weight too. MPI used to make the best but I'm not sure if they are still available. Call MPI, Bender and Hartman's. That's my two cents.[/FONT]
So the formula for one sweet mountain ride is:
Peak Performance billet head
Power Inc pipes
MPI 162" tunnel and rails
162 x 2 track
MPI secondary roller kit
gearing
skis
handle bar riser

Last edited:
Premium Features