• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha Redhead 600cc vs. 700cc pipes!

Y

Yamaha_nisse

Sep 20, 2008
Hi there,

Have a costumer who asked me a question today...

"Why won't 700cc triple pipes fit my 600cc..? When the stock exhaust is the same"

The engine in question is a Redtop non-PV.
Pipe brand is Bender..

This got me curious, not just for the sale purpose but even for my knowledge.
Never thought about it before..

Thanks Rasmus

T
Dec 1, 2007
You got bad info. Motors & pipes are same & there is nothing inherently different so they won,t work or fit.!!!

Y

Yamaha_nisse

Sep 20, 2008
Turk,

Abit confused about your answer, maybe my English screwed up or you wrote wrong.
But you state that the exhaust / engine is the same _BUT_ the pipes won't fit..? Me go :confused::confused:

Thanks Rasmus

T
Dec 1, 2007
The area in the cylinder where the exhaust exits into the pipes is exactly the same in the 600 & 700. I ran those same pipes on 4 700,s & 2 600 red heads. They should bolt directly onto the cylinder.

M
Nov 12, 2008
Flathead
I would go by part numbers only, not word of mouth. I was actually in this same situation last week over Dynaport pipes for an 800 that I was trying to fit on my 700. Called up the guys at Dynaport and they stressed how important the dynamics of 2-stroke pipes were and that although they might fit or look the same, if they are any differences it could be detrimental to your motor!! Be careful on this one

Cheers

Premium Features