• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

MM 700 parking brake extension?

P

PowderMiner

Feb 6, 2008
Snohomish-Plain, Washington
Hey guys my buddy still rides a 2001 700 MM and really needs to extend his handlebars. I want to get him the parts for a bonus for helping me build a garage; the throttle and break line extensions, and am wondering what people have done about the parking brake??? Is there an extension for that?

Also what does it take to extend the track from the 141 to say 151, or more? Is this a very expensive or difficult ordeal?

Anyone have the parts for this?

Thanks,
brett

P
Sep 14, 2008
You can get quite a bit of rise out of stock lines. just make sure it doesn't bind when steering is fulling turned. And since MPI doesnt build MM extensions anymore go with Hartman.

Y

Yamamauler

Nov 27, 2007
Maple Valley, WA
www.FTXMOTORSPORTS.com
You can go 3.5" by rerouting the cables with any issues if you go with a ROX or similar riser that rolls forward a little bit.
I have a set of rail extentions gathering dust to convert a 141" to 151". Shoot me a PM if you want em'
They are Hartmans, good and sturdy.

Y

M
Nov 26, 2007
Going to a 151 is a huge upgrade for the Mountain Max's.
Even getting a Challenger track is better than the stock yokojunk.

The first 151 challenger I had was a "thin" paddle Challenger, which I did not care for. It was to soft.
I then changed it to a Stiff Challenger, and couldn't be happier.

I would recomend doing some antiratchet drivers.
I used Wahl 8 tooth 1" hex. I think the shaft is 1 1/16" or 1 1/8". But I pressed the 1"'s on the shaft. I have a diagram that will show your were to place the driver on the shaft. If you want it PM me your E-Mail

Shouldn't cost to much if you can find used stuff, from the swap meet section.

They still can be a great sled with some mods.
IMO 151 track,
46-42 helix
Bender Triple Pipes,
take one tooth off the top gear sproket,
and some Mountain Apex Skis,
and a Mountain Performance transfer enhancement kit($50)

Last edited:
Premium Features