• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Thank you Ski Doo

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
For helping me learn how to ride serious back country on a far inferior machine for the past 5 years. If I wouldn't have had that I probably wouldn't be the unreal rider I am on the best mountain machine on the market. Hello Polaris :face-icon-small-coo

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Well enjoy your new sled!

Have both sleds and enjoy both.

Guess I am not so very brand loyal and like to mix things up.

It is all about getting out and riding, the rest of it is just noise.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Chad says it’s “3 times better” than a Ski Doo.:face-icon-small-con

duncan76

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
central 509
For helping me learn how to ride serious back country on a far inferior machine for the past 5 years. If I wouldn't have had that I probably wouldn't be the unreal rider I am on the best mountain machine on the market. Hello Polaris :face-icon-small-coo

Really I thought you would've gone with the alpha or the new xpert to better go with your personality now your just a poo. All kidding aside hope your sled lasts longer than the doo. Have fun with her cause that's what it's all about.

NoSoup4U

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2009
Northern Utah
"Chad says it’s “3 times better” than a Ski Doo.
face-icon-small-confused.gif
"

I guess that settles it then.

Last edited:

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Far inferior machine is just not correct at all. Is the Axys better in technical terrain yes, can you get the G4 into the same terrain yes but it take more effort.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
It only took Polaris like 7 years to figure out how good 36” front ends are. They still don’t know how to clip a track correctly. And their tunnels hang out 5” past the track. I’m glad they FINALLY started using good connectors in their electrical system. It seems they forgot how to lock a bearing into the case....To say any brand is far superior to the other is just not true. Pick the one you want have problems with and ride.....

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
It only took Polaris like 7 years to figure out how good 36” front ends are. They still don’t know how to clip a track correctly. And their tunnels hang out 5” past the track. I’m glad they FINALLY started using good connectors in their electrical system. It seems they forgot how to lock a bearing into the case....To say any brand is far superior to the other is just not true. Pick the one you want have problems with and ride.....

They fixed the track clip problems for 19 there actually on the paddles now.

509_Colton

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 30, 2012
Yakima wa
None of them make a bad sled anymore. Its all rider preference. I just switched to a 18 axys from a 17 850 this year. I can say for me personally i enjoy my polaris more. The doo was awesome though, and i do miss the 850 torque

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Not even sure I would agree with that.

I see you’re in Idaho take your Ski Doo to McCall and ride with Cody Monroe you will see the limitations of your Ski Doo rather quickly the reason I say that is because that’s what I did. I have a 17 AXY and an 18 free ride both great sleds and Ski Doo definitely has some advantages over the AXYs but technical riding isn’t one of them.

Premium Features