• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2004 Rev Clutch Question

B
Jan 23, 2008
I am rebuilding my Doo clutch and while looking straight down at the clutch, there are 2 washers that have the center punched out like a hex pattern. This is where the slide buttons go into the housing part next to the rollers. It looks like there should be 3 washers as 2 washers would cause it to be off balance. I am struggling to get a photo small enough to post.

Any suggestions on what these washers are for and if I should remove them?

Lake Powell

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2016
Silt, Colorado
I am rebuilding my Doo clutch and while looking straight down at the clutch, there are 2 washers that have the center punched out like a hex pattern. This is where the slide buttons go into the housing part next to the rollers. It looks like there should be 3 washers as 2 washers would cause it to be off balance. I am struggling to get a photo small enough to post.

Any suggestions on what these washers are for and if I should remove them?

Leave them. They are there to balance that portion of the clutch. Peter

04 clutch

yes they are in there to balanct that portion of the clutch. also on reassymbling the clutch do not forget there are 4 balance marks on and in the clutch that need to be aligned for proper clutch balance. :face-icon-small-hap

Premium Features