• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conditions in Snowies.

revrider04

Premium Member
Jan 25, 2010
Headed out tonight....... So how is the snow? Looks like it’s warming up?. 13 hr drive. Just curious how the weekend treated the mountain.... Trying to get mentally prepared for the conditions. Lol.

W
Dec 3, 2007
Casper, Wyoming
I don’t know about the snowiest but it is starting to rain here in Casper. The wind has been over sixty mph for the last two days. I did notice that the western part of the state did get some snow. Enjoy the trip.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Im a bit skeptical but the forecast for the Madres over the next 3 days is ridiculous. Like 2-3ft there vs a few inches in the snowies, might be worth watching the snotel. Old Battle.

PaulAnd

Premium Member
Oct 17, 2010
Northern IL.
Pretty tracked up and set-up by Thursday, the last storm really helped the base.
You can find powder in the trees with no base

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornfusion

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2017
Western Pa
Forecast looks better than it did for snow. Old corral has this site listed on their website. Don't know if it is any better than anything else or not.

https://www.mountain-forecast.com/peaks/Medicine-Bow-Peak/forecasts/3662

Even if it's bad, you can always find untouched if you search a bit. Was tracked up big time over new year's but we still found plenty of untracked softer snow, just had to work for it.

We will be there all week as well if you need anything pm me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

newmy1

Lifetime Membership
Sep 3, 2008
Huskerland
Several sunny days last week out a hurt on it for sure. Decent deep in the trees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coyoteman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
carson iowa
rode the snowies Friday and madres Saturday. both ranges were very set up as well as tracked up in the open. we found plenty of decent untouched snow both places off the beaten path. The madres probably took the win this last weekend.

NapaMatt

Matryx 850 Pow Slayer!
Lifetime Membership
Mar 13, 2009
Stewartville, MN
www.napaonline.com
You can find good snow, just got to find areas out of the wind!!!

Rode all last week..

The best day was riding on the fresh 20" of snow!! Going down a hill pushing snow out some 7 or 8 feet over the hood. Tis was a blast!!

But yep.. Wind came up,, settle it all.. lol.. You can still find fun places to ride!!

Crazy how close good snow is to Albany!!!

Lander

Premium Member
Nov 12, 2011
Casper, WY
Was in the Madres today only to recover a sled, but the snow was still excellent in the trees up at Battle.

revrider04

Premium Member
Jan 25, 2010
Thanks for the replies, fellas! Had an awesome time! Snowed everyday we were there. Found lots of untouched snow. Broke trail Wednesday of 12” all day. We were stuck off trail numerous times. Albany Lodge was great as well.?

Premium Features