• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Boot talk, again

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
Havocs have been working great for me this year. Plenty warm, perfectly dry. I'm not a fan of any lacing system that can't be swapped for P-cord in a pinch, so the BOA is kind of a downside for me, but so far so good. I have Fastways, and the soles are holding up. I don't have a kicker, so no intel on how they hold up to that.

They run true to size?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
When I tried them on in the shop I had to go up a size because of my wide 4 foot. I am normally at 10, but it was squeezing the heck out of my foot. Tried on the 11 and it felt great. They come with a shim that goes underneath your foot to take up space. They don’t come in half sizes.Obviously, it’s best to try them on first. But that was my experience.

B
When I tried them on in the shop I had to go up a size because of my wide 4 foot. I am normally at 10, but it was squeezing the heck out of my foot. Tried on the 11 and it felt great. They come with a shim that goes underneath your foot to take up space. They don’t come in half sizes.Obviously, it’s best to try them on first. But that was my experience.

Is that what the extra "foot shaped"-pieces are for?, shims?

I was wondering what they were for.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Is that what the extra "foot shaped"-pieces are for?, shims?

I was wondering what they were for.

Must be. I never actually saw them. I would definitely like to get a pair but my Klim adrenaline‘s are still in great shape so hard to justify. I was hoping they would be a little bit beefier. Guess I will see what they do next year.

DanielMerrick

Lifetime Membership
Nov 20, 2014
Northern Ontario Canada
I'm running the havocs aswell and so far they've been great! I run a size 11 and the klim size 11 was perfect (without the shim). great traction on and off the bike. Much better then the wide traditional snowmobile boot.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

N

n16ht5

Aug 5, 2013
Pemberton, BC
Klim Havoc.

I have tried a lot of boots.. Alpinestars Corozal, Gearne SG, Klim adrenaline, HMK (few diff ones), Motorfist Stomper, various snowboard boots, ski mountaineering boots.. the havocs are hands down best boot for snowbiking. I do wish they had a tiny bit more support, but the Gaerne's are just not dry/warm enough at all, even with 2 pairs of heavy socks.

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Yes, the extra footbed/shim that Klim includes is to downsize a half size since they don't make half sizes. Example: Size 11 without and size 10.5 with.

Robster

Lifetime Membership
Dec 2, 2007
Sweden
I had the KLIM Lace ups 2 pairs and now got the BOA's -- The Havoc BOA system leaves a lot on the table, the regular snowmobile BOA Boot from Klim has 2 Boas and a much better ancle support over the Havocs. Also the Havocs have very little protection on the inside arch support where my boots get damaged from Kick starting.
After trying them On I have to say the Havocs are a fail -- they look the part but are not up to the same standards as even the regular Klim boots. I bought the Klim Boa snowmobile boots after trying out the Havocs. I hope the soles hold up on the snowbike. The food pegs wrecked both my Lace up soles in the arch.

Agree a 100%. The single BOA on the Havoc makes them a total fail. Also they are 2" to high up on the leg, which makes it ****ty when riding sitting down. 2 BOAs and 2" lower boot would make them worth the money, but as is it is a bad boot for snowbiking. Would be really interesting to hear from the ones that developed the boot, how they ride and why they do not want a firmer grip on the foot and looser on the leg. Really makes no sence when Snowbiking.

Really like the lower toe box though, even though it is hardly visible difference versus my Adrenaline GTX boot.

Rob

cbc76am

Lifetime Membership
Dec 5, 2016
Bothell WA
Only have had 1 ride on the Havoc GTX but they are awesome. Warm, Dry, support is good. Kick starting the cr500 is fine in them. Best I've tried yet by far. I also ordered an 11 and went down to the 10 for my 10/10.5 foot.

B
More Klim Havoc-love here.

I was out all morning on Thursday for the first real powder ride and the boots were perfect.

Waterproof, warm, great grip when off the bike and having to lift the rear end to turn around from trees across the trails. Never noticed them on my feet and no problem shifting as I had moved the shifter up to make it easier to get my foot under the shifter and I think I may have moved it one spline too many but no biggie.

If I had to, I'd buy them again, until someone else comes out with a better snowbike specific boot.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Seems like if you spend a night out on those things you’ll be toe less.

M
Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
I think a real important factor: is the boot water proof? That, combined with good thermal socks, should give enough insulation - ergo warmth. I have walked through swamps with these and came out the other side dry. Mind you, not enough use to prove in winter yet.,

N
Mar 21, 2016
NW oregon
I think a real important factor: is the boot water proof? That, combined with good thermal socks, should give enough insulation - ergo warmth. I have walked through swamps with these and came out the other side dry. Mind you, not enough use to prove in winter yet.,

Yes that is an important factor and for reasons that defy logic they still don’t seem to care about waterproofing moto boots despite the fact that they really need to be waterproof. I don’t get it.

They also don’t put a decent waffle print on them which seems weird to me. Sure in a mc race you shouldn’t be feet down but out in the real world where people actually ride you need to be able to hike, walk, tromp, push pull bikes, etc. I dunno, seems like a large hole in the market to me.

R
Apr 18, 2016
I'm ready for new boots and since I am so lucky that I broke my arm, smashed, fractured, dislocated, separated, and tore the rotater cuff in my shoulder I have a whole snowbike season to think about what boots I might like to try next.

I had a pair of Alpinestar Toucans, they are kind of a adventure touring boot. they leave a bit to be desired in protection as I think they are designed to walk into Starbucks when you get off your BMW GS for the proper Adventure look and pose, but they were very comfortable and super warm. The sole was good for kicking a CR500 but the buckles suck and are super weak and didn't hold up to much. When I blew out one of the buckles I sent it in for warranty...they were good about that, but the repair was some crazy glue like stuff to reattach the strap and it lasted to the first kickstart. Alpinestar only warranties one repair...total bummer for a $500 boot.

Bottom line, really warm boot probably good for electric starters only, reasonable protection, crappy warranty, mid range boot at full premium price, I am so mad I will never buy another Alpinestar product and have switched to Gaerne's for the remainder of my life. I was a loyal Alpinestar moto boot guy for over 30 years, never again.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
BOOTs

a little heads up to Havoc owners with kick start bikes
be carful using center of foot I've got 3 rides on mine and
there's a hole right where the word ''Michelin'' is

pretty bummed i'm now trying to kick more with toe
seems ridiculous the a propose built Snowbike boot
has a weak kicking area
maybe only electric start bikes can be snowbikes :face-icon-small-dis

i'm riding a crf450 same thing happened to buddies Havocs
yesterday

ps i have pics but can't figure out the load
if anyone can post i could email them to ya ?

i really like the boots but I'm concerned about how they'll hold up

Last edited:
Premium Features