• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Screen Name Meaning ????

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Okay guys, this came up on another thread, so I thought it might be interesting to pose the question here, plus I'm sitting here bored waiting a new sled to arrive..........

So, what's the meaning behind your screen name ????????

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Buisness name. Its no fun.
My old name, and still my IG handle. ski-dooin it, I started riding doo's back in 06 and i was not very creative with name ideas. hahah.. Its stuck around for a few years.

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
"FatDog" comes from one the forums in 2006, the Big Dog owners group. In 06 I purchased a new Big Dog Chopper and was on that forum a lot, then add in our giant Alaskan Malamute (Dozer) that is pictured to the side and you get Big Dog that morphed into ............FatDog!

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Summit, M8, RMK.
It's what i ride, all 3.
Now its mostly M8, fits my style best.

Still own a couple older summits, patiently waiting for Skidoo to make a new sled that fits my riding style.
RMK is close, i keep trying them out every yr. Most of my buddies ride Poo.

M

minus40

Oct 22, 2001
Coldest I have ridden in. Its also just as cold in Celsius as Fahrenheit so everyone knows its damn cold

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Before I started mountain riding (02-03) I was drag racing sleds. I raced grass, ice, and snow.... and own 5 different SRX's from stock to pro-stock. I picked up around 40-50 wins in 4 years and that led to SRX'S RULE. I used the same name on other sites before joining Snowest.

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
Second time ever out west I hit every tree on one particular hill trying to get up and not succeeding, last time up I rolled clear to the bottom and when upright again I threw my helmet and yelled “just leave me here I am a g*d da** meadow muffin” and it stuck!

Dogmeat

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2006
Castle Rock, CO
A long long long long long time ago ... 1989 to be exact ... There was a PC game that came out called "Wing Commander". This was a space combat flight simulator type game where you're basically a pilot and flying space fighter jets against alien cats ... so yeah, its like Star Wars but you fight giant talking cats.

Anyways, when you first load the game up it asks you to enter your last name and call sign. So, like probably every other 8 year old kid at the time who had watched "Top Gun" 50,000 times by that point in life.... My first instinct was to put "Maverick" in for my call sign.

However, me being the bastion of originality that I am ... had the thought ... "Wait a minute, every other kid in the country is going to be 'Maverick' on here!" ... And I didn't want to do that, but I still wanted something that referenced "Top Gun" .... So, I remembered the scene where Maverick and Goose were getting their asses chewed by their CO for helping Cougar land his plane, and they were being sent to Mirimar.

So, a line in that scene was "If you screw up even this much ... You'll be flying a plane full of rubber dog **** out of Hong Kong!" .... But obviously, I wasn't going to use "Dog****" as my callsign, so somehow my 8 year old brain came up with "Dogmeat" ....

So I've gone by "Dogmeat" on everything from oldschool BBSs, to AOL, to IRC, to web boards, everything ..... since 1988 or 1989 .... LoL.

Premium Features