• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

G4 T-motion Delete Parts

M
Jan 25, 2010
I know this is an old subject, but wanting to snowcheck a G4 freeride 165 3", wondering if someone has a list of part numbers needed to get rid of the tmotion and lock it as a solid skid with no movement. Would like to keep using all OEM parts . Thanks

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Doo the Zollinger lock outs cause any stress on the suspension or other issues?

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Curious what 15" and t-motion delete would be like
On the Gen4.
Bet it would be even better!

Had friend and previous cat rider do this , he has gone back to stock, I told him it was a waste, guys over ride the machine, t-motion moves 2degrees either way, you move 10 to 20 degrees, personally it's a waste of money and time.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
Had friend and previous cat rider do this , he has gone back to stock, I told him it was a waste, guys over ride the machine, t-motion moves 2degrees either way, you move 10 to 20 degrees, personally it's a waste of money and time.

I don't think people realize how minimal 2 degrees is.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I have three friends and myself that have locked out the skid with the addition of aftermarket shocks. Huge difference for the better in my eyes. The other guys I know prefer it locked out as well. I saw one guy try it last year on an xm and went back to stock though. I've had mine locked out all season and rode a stock t-motion sled for a day. I couldn't get my sled back soon enough. Part of it are my Raptor shocks that are the supper dank!

To each their own. I've seen sick lines pulled with both motion and no motion. It comes down to what you're comfortable and confident with. I like the idea of a chassis that is ridged, but want the reliability and stock power of the 850. That was my intention with my current sled.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
I will have a good look at the new C motion rear arm of the New Crossover sled. Definitively will be looking at that one.
Just locking out the T motion seems to be a lot of torque on that rear arm that is not designed to handle it.
How many guys have had the rear lower link fail even without locking it?
My thought is 15 wide 2.8 or 3 inch track and no T motion.

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I installed the raptor ace kit on my 850. After running it locked out I will never ride a tmotion skid again. When you are going straight up or down the hill you don't really notice the difference. When you get into a sidehill is when you will notice it. The steeper the sidehill the more noticeable it becomes. Add some old tracks and ruts into the mix and it's amazing the difference. It is time for doo to add the option of no tmotion on their mountain sleds.

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Could you send a pic of the Raptor set up? The amount of stress on those washers has to be incredible. Do you guys replace the front arm too as that is set up to flex also?

I have a list of parts to make a T-Motion skid race ready for Cain's Quest. It also includes 4 rear wheels and and RS front cross-shaft you won't need. I don't have time to sort what is what, but pretty much all you need will be in this list, including a solid front A-Arm.

It's a screenshot and since you can't post pics here, you can PM me your email and I'll send it to you.

Ski-doo#1

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2011
GreatWhiteNorth
I've never felt no t-motion so maybe I don't belong here. I find it crazy 2 degrees which is 1/180th of a full rotation, makes that much of a difference other than the initial efforts.

So y'all are saying flex edge and t-motion works fine as long as you get rid of t-motion?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I've never felt no t-motion so maybe I don't belong here. I find it crazy 2 degrees which is 1/180th of a full rotation, makes that much of a difference other than the initial efforts.

So y'all are saying flex edge and t-motion works fine as long as you get rid of t-motion?

They work really well just sitting in my garage.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
Hitting ruts and old tracks on a steep pitch is challenging as it is. That's where the t-motion hurts me. Two degrees each way is significant in steep technical situations. And that's if yours is only flexing that much. I've seen and heard of others flexing well over two degrees. The good thing about the ACE kit is that it can be locked out solid or run with motion easily either way. Other aftermarket skids do the same thing.

When I lean my 3" flex edge over on concrete it doesn't visibly flex at all. I'm not thinking it makes as much of a difference in the t-motion/flex edge combo.

Last edited:

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
Pretty sure that the parts to convert it back to rigid are the same parts as were taken off the XP sleds when everyone was removing them to convert to T-motion. So there are tons out there, I have at least one setup in a box somewhere, no need to spend a ****-ton of cash to do it.

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
How long is the arm from the pivot point down to the rails?

I guessed it was about 8 inches.

At 8 inches from the pivot point 2 degrees of arc with equal 0.279" of travel from the center point. For a total stop to stop travel of 0.558".

That sure doesn't seem like much to me but my father always said it's rare you're the smartest man in the room. So somebody else may have a better way to look at it.

So let's look at this going the opposite direction up to your chest. Again with some assumptions I figured an average height person would be roughly 60 inches from the pivot point to the center of their chest.

That would be 2.094" of travel from the center to the stop. For a total stop to stop travel of 4.188".

So theoretically your chest is a tinge over 2 inches to the left or right of the centerline of the snowmobile when your legs and body is still perpendicular to the center of the seat. ( assuming you're standing directly over the center of the seat to start with)

That is seemingly more significant to me.

What does all this mean? Beats the hell out of me Roy.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012

At 8 inches from the pivot point 2 degrees of arc with equal 0.279" of travel from the center point. For a total stop to stop travel of 0.558".

That sure doesn't seem like much to me but my father always said it's rare you're the smartest man in the room. So somebody else may have a better way to look at it.

So let's look at this going the opposite direction up to your chest. Again with some assumptions I figured an average height person would be roughly 60 inches from the pivot point to the center of their chest.

That would be 2.094" of travel from the center to the stop. For a total stop to stop travel of 4.188".

So theoretically your chest is a tinge over 2 inches to the left or right of the centerline of the snowmobile when your legs and body is still perpendicular to the center of the seat. ( assuming you're standing directly over the center of the seat to start with)

Wow. Can you doo my taxes too???

winter brew

Premium Member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
LakeTapps, Wa.

Now lets add snow to the equation :face-icon-small-win

Premium Features