• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Summit gen4 narrow tube boards?

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
Usually a wider stance allows for steeper sidehill, but it gives the sled a flop over feel where as the doo and cat it becomes a better balance point.
If you widen either of them they feel more like a poo and tip up then flop when narrowed.
But if you raise and narrow the boards and body enough it's a non issue.
Add gripper skis and it gives them as good of a balance point as possible with massive control. To get the most you will have to add steering and suspension changes.

because of the engine placement on the g4 is got massive potential, just have to develop it

I know what you mean with the wider stance having the flop feel to it. The G4 looks to have a ton of potential. I wonder if it will need more steering like the Xm does. I have had several times that I wish the Xm could turn another 10 degrees.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
Edit done to the boards to see the result. Note the RMK is wider and will gain a positive angle.

If you guys want to see perfection.Put a line on my boards from side panel to rear bumper.clearly a winner.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
When we 2 up,the technical queen sits in front and I hang on to whatever I can.

P
Nov 28, 2007
Yukon Canada
If you have narrow boards and halve of your size 14s hang over the edge you may as well keep the wider boards and keep your boots in:face-icon-small-hap You also give up some leverage by narrowing the boards. Consider all the pros and cons of mods instead of just following a trend.
If you only gain a little in 5% of your total riding experience but loose the same amount of leverage and control for the rest of 95% of your riding it may not be a good investment of time and money.

Summit74

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
bozeman, mt
5e8043a02acf6d4c275e5ddbb7da3248.jpg

Skinz boards. Picture pulled off sled solutions instagram. These look nice.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
How are those OEM width when they are noticeably stepped in where they meet the body? Those are definitely thinner than OEM... Any thinner and a boot won't fit on them.

ntm_08

Lifetime Membership
May 21, 2009
How are those OEM width when they are noticeably stepped in where they meet the body? Those are definitely thinner than OEM... Any thinner and a boot won't fit on them.

They look oem to mee. They need to be thinner. The new brp Lynx 850 have the same chassis but are 1 inch narrower on each side. Way better for sidehilling!

hobbes

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007

Those hit the side panel exactly where the stock boards do. They just look narrower because they don't hug the brake cover like the OEM's do. Not sure what you are looking at as far as where it meets the body, maybe you are looking at the ski? The post even says they are OEM width. :face-icon-small-con

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
I have the Rasmussen boards on my turbo and the spacing of the locs look about the same so I was assuming they are narrower.

F

fishstick

Banned
Oct 4, 2014
So than with narrower boards the panels will be or can be sucked in? Is there room for them to move in more?

Premium Features