• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

My new ride

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)
C

CatndHat

Nov 8, 2003
Snowville WY
Busy, busy, busy. Motor is together, turbo is here, skid is done, track is here. waiting on belt drive and time to work on it.
It should go quick when I can start on it again.
This will be a 950 Cutler big bore with turbo specific porting, 3076 GTX turbo with .64 tial EH, single throttle body, 16 front end, light weight hood and B&M running boards.
Kevin

Think I am just over the hill from you, got a spot picked out for break in over Thanksgiving weekend:face-icon-small-coo

The 950 CPC BB kitted with 95mm pistons?

Last edited:

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Finally some me time for the turbo, got a little done this week end.
Installed engine, 15 jack shaft, TKI belt drive, 3'' PC with 8 tooth drivers, brakes with (15) light weight rotor, wiring harness back on, and engine torque stops installed.

picture.php

http://snowest.com/forum/forum.vb/picture.php?albumid=2774&pictureid=32399

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Nice build

Looking very good.
Loving the blue and black look.
I hope you take lots of pics and post them here.
It would be nice to see more pics as this sled gets put back together.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
My guess is that Kevin knows his old style cat clutches, how to tune and how to get the best out of them. He is not ready to experiment and doesn't have time to start all over with 2 new clutches.
What is the reason Kevin? Inquiring minds want to know!

C

CatndHat

Nov 8, 2003
Snowville WY
Sorry Kane deleted my Q before I refreshed as I thought about the idea of new clutches and parts availability.
Was curious why the 15 shaft over 16 retro for belt drive and no team parts conversion. Would need even more extensive tune and testing.
I have been looking for a new cat belt drive release to push me to spend on a latest model, The TKI drive and belt tension system is so far the best I have looked over. HYVO gear has worked for me for years but a possible 12# weight savings- and so, better HP to the tail makes upgrade direction realistic , unless it adds $950+ to price tag.
Will have to wait see for the ac evolution to the latest OEM offered-next year?
Sorry Kevin for the out loud thinking in the middle of your great unnaturally aspirated build thread.
You had my attention at the heart beat of the project.

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
My guess is that Kevin knows his old style cat clutches, how to tune and how to get the best out of them. He is not ready to experiment and doesn't have time to start all over with 2 new clutches.
What is the reason Kevin? Inquiring minds want to know!

I have several thousand dollars of cat clutch parts LOL.
The main reason is the build started as a brand new 2013 so I'm starting with brand new clutches. I have been using the shockwave secondary for a couple years on my 1100T and it really loads the motor so I will start with it.
The new Team clutches look good and may go there eventually when there are more parts available.
Kevin

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
That's a v-band clamp. The proper way to seal a forced induction intake/exhaust system. :face-icon-small-coo

KMOD

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Firth
kmodsnowmobileparts.com
Yes I started with the OVS clamp and modified to fit the Jaws Pipe.

Got the single throttle body installed with new injectors, drilled and tapped a barb for the boost reference. There is a considerable amount of plumbing on a project like this and very time consuming.
I got my water to air from Speedwerks, its one off of there super charger, had to pull some strings to even get one. I changed the inlet to 2.5'' and the outlet to 3'' to match the single throttle body. With a couple of 30 degree bends and silicone bends we got it mounted. Plumbed the fuel delivery to the fuel pressure regulator and gauge, next wiring the Boost it box and the Power Commander then with any luck make smoke.
Kevin

picture.php

picture.php
[/IMG]

d1100t

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2011
Saskatchewan Canada
Nice

Good job.
I like your combination of parts.
Should make lots of power.
You might need a 174 to keep it from being a wheelie monster.

Premium Features